Brooklyn

Grover's pov

Brooklyn was like a maze. This was my first job as a satyr guard. And I had to escort three half-bloods. One was the daughter of Zeus. I wasn't sure what the other two were. But I was positive about Thalia. Thalia was the reason Hades was sending the worst monsters of the underworld at us. He was mad that Zeus had broken the oath. Why else had they already battled a cyclops, hydra, fury, giant, and were currently being hunted by another cyclops. Brooklyn was crawling with them. They were evil, tossed out on the streets by their mom's. (Cyclops were commonly sons and daughters of Poseidon and nymphs). "Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum, I smell the blood of a half-blood one, ooh and a satyr too!" He said excitedly. Thalia shot me a pained look. I had explained to them that Thalia had the most powerful smell. For some reason it didn't surprise any of them to hear they were half-bloods. Apparently Zeus had shown up to Thalia's house twice, Hermes had recently had a 'chat' with Luke, and Annabeth had heard voices from a woman before Thalia and Luke had found her. Then we split up. I didn't see it coming, I thought that she was right with us. But she wasn't. I had put Annabeth down a while ago because she had said it was too 'bumpy' a ride for her. I suddenly stopped and turned around in a circle. Luke and Thalia were right there. Thalia still limped a bit but she no longer wanted Luke to carry her. Their crush was so obvious. Like What in Hades was keeping them from knowing they liked each other. The way Luke looked at Thalia, and the way she glared at Luke when she caught him looking at her, with a blushing smirk. I snapped out of my thoughts, where was Annabeth. I just had time to look at Luke and say her name before we were snatched up in the meaty fist of a cyclops. I was trying not to be smashed into Thalia and Luke, it was awkward enough being squeezed to death and waved around in the air. Thalia grunted and Luke looked as though he were about to combust right there. Thalia glared at me and I flinched. When she wasn't glaring at Luke, she was a lot more scary. I tried distancing myself from them, but we were trapped together and eventually I just gave up. "What are you doing?" I yelled up at the cyclops. "Getteen your scent to other monster." He said, his vocabulary just as bad as his breath. Then he gave an awful scream and loosened his grip on us just enough for Luke to stab him in the hand and release us. Little Annabeth had caused him to do this. She had stabbed him on the foot. "Good job Annie!" Luke ruffled her hair and she blushed. Aw, that was cute. I thought, the little girl has a crush on him to. I could sense her emotions running on a high from the praise. So we ran. The cyclops following close behind. Then a rain of arrows flowered from overhead. They hit the cyclops and he disintegrated. We ran towards where the arrows had come from and found a small camp with silver tents and loads of beautiful girls. The hunters of Artemis had come.