Chapter 6

Chapter Six – Scene Six

"I can't believe you said that to her!" I was having a hard time breathing, Dylan was the funniest person in the world, I swore on it.

"Hey, she was an old hag, you can't blame me." Dylan raised his hands in defence, flicking his brown hair out of his eyes.

"Yeah, but it was so rude," I giggled out. I giggled. That's practically unheard of.

My mind turned to Auden, who was about three people in front of me. He had no trouble ignoring me, and me him. I don't even know why we kissed. Stupid teenage hormones.

"She had it coming. She can't lecture me on my handwriting when hers is worse." We were walking out the main doors of school and into the parking lot, the last bell finally going. Dylan had offered me a ride home, which I was very grateful for.

It wasn't raining anymore, and the sun was peeking through, surprisingly.

We paused for a second, looking at each other.

"Your handwriting reflects you as a person!" we both screeched out, before cracking up and earning a few curious and, slightly afraid glances. Dylan had taught me not to care.

"I still can't believe she said that." I shook my head, grinning, as Dylan led me to his car. "I still can't believe you said that! I mean, 'No wonder yours is so unattractive' is a little harsh, don't you think?" I was struggling not to laugh just thinking about it. It wasn't so much what he said, but the fact he said it and then her face. It honestly made me a little glad we had moved here.

"Okay I admit it was pretty mean, but it was funny and well worth Sunday detention." He grinned down at me, and unlocked the doors to a black Porsche Macan.

"Whoa, dude, this is a nice car." I admired the sleek and pristine piece of art.

"Expensive too," Dylan muttered, watching me inspect the car.

I turned to him, eyes wide. "How do your parents let you drive this?" He dropped his right eye in a wink, taking my hand and leading me around the other side.

"They don't even know I took it." I gasped, digging my heels in and pulling us to a stop.

"But what if you got hurt? What if the car got hurt?" He rolled his eyes at me, before opening the passenger side door and gesturing for me to get in. I did, hastily, my previous worry gone. I wanted in.

I breathed in the scent of new leather, grinning. The seats were so comfortable, and my Chevy was nothing compared to this.

"I'm a good driver, there's nothing to worry about. It's nice to know you care more about the car than me though." He continued our conversation as he got in, putting the key in the ignition, causing the car to come to life.

He turned to me, grinning. "Listen to that," he murmured, before pulling out of the school carpark.

"Thanks for this by the way." I turned to him, smiling.

"Yeah, no problem, when a friend's in need, Dylan is always there to save the day," he said in a deep voice, before grinning. He always seemed to be so happy, like nothing could get him down, and it was infectious. "Do you think we could make a quick stop? I'm starving."

"Oh yeah, sure, it's your car, you do what you want." I watched as we drove further into the city, and he pulled into the parking lot of a small pizza parlour.

"This place has the best pizza I have ever tried, I swear on my life." We got out of his car and made our way into the small, empty pizza place.