Chapter 7

*Luke's POV*

By the time Calum, Pamela, and I reached the arcade we only had about five hours to spend. We grabbed a booth for us and Pamela gave me and Calum permission to run around like little kids to play games.

"You'll be fine on your own?" I asked Pamela, worried filling me.

"I'll be okay," she reassured. She gave me a quick peck on the cheek before she sat down at the booth. Calum and I looked at each other before shrugging.

I turned back to Pamela and told her, "Love you," before I kissed her on the lips. "Be careful."

"You, too, babe." I gave her a smile and a wave before Calum dragged me over to get some arcade coins.

"We'll be here for a while, so I'll use a ten," he began, pulling out his wallet. He inserted the ten dollar bill into the machine and then arcade coins began pouring out into the little container of the machine. "We'll split twenty coins, yeah?"

"Sure," I answered as he began giving me half of the coins. "Thanks for paying, by the way. I could've paid for myself."

"I'm just feelin' a bit generous today. Now, let's go shoot some hoops over there." We began heading over to the basketball game and saw that it was already occupied by two guys. They looked as if they were about to finish the game.

"We'll play next," I told the guys, setting three coins down, because that's how many was needed to play. I began readjusting my shirt and when I looked up my coins were gone. I looked up and saw one of the guys holding my three coins.

"Thanks, squirt," he smirked. "We were running short on coins."

"Hey, those are ours," Calum yelled, reaching out to the coins, but he only got shoved backwards and fell on his behind. I went to help him up, holding my hand out to him, and he took it.

"Get lost, we're here all day," spat the one holding a basketball before he began shooting into the hoop, failing when it hit the rim. "Fuck! That would've made in!"

"Karma for being such assholes," I muttered. Suddenly the guy glared at me, grabbed me by my shirt, and shoved me up against a wall.

"The fuck did you say, punk?" he seethed, his breath reeking of whatever died in his mouth.

"Give us back our three coins and we'll leave you guys alone." I tried to say that as calmly as possible, but the guy only made my back hit the wall harder.

"Like I give a shit about your precious coins." He turned around and looked at the guy with our coins. "Francis, hand them the coins."

"Francis?" Calum snickered. "What kind of a name is that?" Oh, my God, Calum, just shut your mouth! He just dragged us back into the mess again.

Suddenly the guy, apparently named Francis, swung a fist at Calum, but he made himself fall to the ground it in time and the guy ended up punching one of the machines behind Calum instead.

"Fuck!" the guy hissed. The guy holding me released me and went to Francis's aid. I grabbed Calum's hand and began dragging him away from the scene.

"You should've kept your damn mouth shut!" I scolded. "Everything was going to be okay before you made fun of his name."

"I'm sorry, I don't have a filter!" he protested.

"I can freaking tell!" We ran over to where Pamela was seated and she was talking to someone who was wearing the employee uniform. When the I practically threw Calum into the booth and I slid beside him. There was a menu on the table and I grabbed that, holding it up to hide our faces.

"What kind of mess did you two get into?" Pamela asked. I took a quick glance at her and saw that her arms were crossed over her chest and one eyebrow was raised.

I chuckled weakly, "We may or may have not pissed off some guys while waiting for a game."

"Oh, my God, are you serious?"

"Well, they're more mad at Calum."

"Oh, okay."

"Hey!" Calum exclaimed frowning. "I matter, too! I may not be your boyfriend, but I am human!"

"A human who can't keep his mouth shut," I laughed, poking his forehead.

"There he is!" I turned my head and saw Francis glaring at Calum, a finger pointing right at him. Calum yelped before he lept out of the booth and sprinted off with Francis running right after him. The other guy just stood by our booth and watched in amusement as Calum and Francis ran around the place.

"Sorry about my idiot friend," I apologized to the guy.

"Don't sweat it," said the guy, waving his hand a bit. "This is entertaining."

Calum appeared by our booth again, facing Francis while holding his hands up to defend himself.

"There's nothing wrong with the name Francis!" he began. "I promise! It's a beautiful name! I-I mean-!"

"I'll kill you for that!" shouted Francis. I had a hand over my mouth, trying to hold back my laugh and the guy beside me was doing the same.

"No! It's a very manly name! Very manly! Rawr! My ex's name was Francis, and she was a manly lady! Wait, I'm sorry! Don't clench your fists, please!" Calum ran off screaming with Francis right close behind him.

"Would you like to join us for pizza?" Pamela asked the guy who was laughing his butt off.

"Sure," I moved over so he could sit beside me. "I'm Jared."

"I'm Luke," I introduced myself, "and this here is my lovely girlfriend, Pamela. And my friend that your friend is chasing is Calum."

"Ah, your girlfriend is very pretty." I saw Pamela look down, blushing a bit.

Suddenly Calum came by, slamming his hands down on the table and glaring at me. "Why aren't you helping me?!" Calum shouted. "I'm going to die here!" He turned his head and saw that Francis was coming right at him and he let out a shriek.

"Yo, Francis! We're havin' pizza!" Jared yelled. Francis's direction changed so he was pushing Jared further into the booth, sending me to fall out. I stood up, brushed myself off and took a seat next to Pamela, but not before Calum slid into the seat. I gave him a glare before shaking my head and sitting down beside him.

"I love pizza!" Francis exclaimed like a little kid. Calum was literally clinging onto me, afraid that Francis was going to try and kill him again.

Jared seemed to have noticed how tense Calum seemed, because then he said, "Don't worry about my friend. Pizza calms him down." Calum nodded hesitantly before loosening his hold on me.

About five minutes later the pizza came by and Jared and Francis ate half of the entire pizza. We didn't mind, because then they offered to split the bill. When the bill arrived I looked at it and saw that the pizza was sixteen dollars. I was about to pull out my wallet, but Pamela placed her hand over mine. I looked at her with a confused look.

"I'm paying," she said.

"But I'm your boyfriend," I protested, frowning.

"Just because you're my boyfriend, doesn't mean you have to pay for ever single thing for me. Besides, it was my idea to order the pizza." I bit my bottom lip, but then nodded, putting away my wallet. She took out a ten from her jeans and slapped it onto the table. I wrapped an arm around her shoulder and kissed her head.

"I love you, Pam," I whispered. I heard her giggle a bit before she leaned her head towards me.

"I love you, too, Lukey," she breathed.

------

AN: THEIR SHIP NAME IS PUKE AHAHHAAHAH okay, bye.