xxv. fire away

mina walked to the place she had agreed to meet dahyun at, high heels clicking against the sidewalk. the two had breifly texted in the morning about meeting up and decided on a bar. mina had been there before, but she didn't have the best experience with the bar. the atmosphere was kind of dingy, and mina often found dust on the barstools. she didn't frequent the bar often and really only went when someone wanted to go there. mina didn't really understand why dahyun would pick such a rundown place, but she figured dahyun liked how quiet the bar always was.

mina's eyes soon found the old neon sign of the bar and walked inside. she claimed seats for herself and dahyun, making sure there was no dust. mina's phone pinged as she sat down and took it out to check who it was. momo texted her, repeating what she had said yesterday about tea. mina rolled her eyes as she responded.

after mina put her phone on the bar, she heard the bell above the front door ring and saw dahyun come through the door. they exchanged polite smiles as dahyun walked towards the bar. dahyun shrugged her coat off before taking a seat in the barstool.

a bartender came out of a door leading to the bar's kitchen and smiled at the two. "how can i help you?"

"i'll have a bottle of soju," dahyun said.

"just a water, please," mina ordered.

"i'll get those right out," the bartender said with a smile.

as the bartender made their drinks, the girls sat in silence. they hadn't been alone together in years, so mina didn't really know what to say. dahyun knew what she wanted to say, but she didn't know how to start. the bartender gave the two their drinks and left through the kitchen door without a word. the soju bottle clinked against a shot glass as mina poured dahyun a drink.

dahyun turned to mina. "so."

"so," mina copied dahyun when she didn't continue.

"so, i know i said i wanted to just catch up," dahyun said, looking to the side. "actually, i wanted to ask you about a few things."

"oh," mina paused before continuing, "okay."

"i just want to confirm some stuff. that's all," dahyun explained.

"yeah, sure. i'll answer anything you have for me. fire away!" mina joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"do you think the girls like chaeyoung and i as a couple?" dahyun asked. "i always see them gushing about nayeon and jeongyeon or even sana and tzuyu, yet they never seem to talk about us."

"well, you and chaeyoung aren't really like nayeon and jeongyeon," mina said. "nayeon and jeongyeon are clingier, and they almost always have an arm wrapped around each other. with sana and tzuyu, they're not together, so it's fun for the girls to ship them. i think."

dahyun took a drink of her soju and sighed. "i guess."

"well, did you want to talk about anything else?"

dahyun skipped the shot glass and took a big swig of her soju, grimacing at the taste. "actually, yes. i did. i do."

"and?" mina asked, taking a sip of water.

dahyun faced mina and put her hands in her lap. "do you still have a thing for chaeyoung?"

mina slammed her drink onto the bar. "no. absolutely not. i can't still like her if i never liked her in the first place."

"mina, i know you guys had a thing in high school," dahyun said while just barely rolling her eyes.

mina huffed in annoyance and ran a hand through her hair. "yeah, sure. we kissed, but i didn't mean it. it was a mistake."

dahyun eyes widened. "oh, i didn't know that.

"yeah. well, you should know by now there's no reason to worry."

"what do you mean there's no need to worry?!" dahyun exclaimed while gesticulating wildly. "you just told me you kissed my girlfriend!"

"in high school! it was years ago, and i already said it was a mistake!" mina said in exasperation.

"if that's true, why haven't you kissed anyone since? why haven't you dated anyone?" dahyun questioned. "you said so yourself that it's been years. that's way more than enough time to find someone!"

"you-" mina paused, "-you know what? i don't want to do this. i'm not going to ruin your relationship, and you're just going to have to get that through your thick skull on your own."

"oh, wow. thanks, mina," dahyun said sarcastically, crossing her arms.

mina stood up and dug her wallet out of her purse. she threw a few dollars on the bar before gathering her belongings. mina stormed off and slammed the door behind her. she stomped all the way home, thoughts racing through her mind. mina needed her friends to understand she never had feelings for chaeyoung or any other girls. mina needed to make them know.

she had to do something.

a/n:
dramadramadrama. so much drama.

this part is currently unedited. apologies for any typos.