To clear the mind

PT VI

[To clear the mind]

“I think that guy likes you.”

Reila slammed her locker shut.

“Can you stop talking about that? I don’t even know who you are talking about!” Amy rolled her eyes as she stepped in front of Reila’s eye sight.

“I’m talking about the blonde guy from this morning. He was staring at you for the longest time! You know, he’s quite cute.” Amy stated with a wink. Reila rolled her eyes and walked around her friend. School was over, and she wanted nothing more than to head home. The need to run in her wolf form was strong but with the issues going on between the vampires and her pack, her father didn’t want any wolf to be running around. But maybe she can somehow convince her father to let her run with the boys tonight. Tonight was her patrol night anyway, so he shouldn’t say no.

“Oh! Reila! Give me a moment! I forgot something.” Her red-headed friend shouted from somewhere behind her.

Reila gave her a lazy wave before heading out of the school building. She had barely made it outside the school building when she heard someone calling her name. But instead of stopping, she picked up the pace. There was no reason for her to have a conversation with Erik. She was still pissed at him for what he did last night.

A firm tug on her wrist made Reila jerk back, stumbling a little. She let out an annoying sigh and turned her glare on the smirking male.

“Where do you think you‘re heading? I was calling you.”

Reila gave him a dry look. “What do you want?” Erik flashed her one of his charming smiles he used often to catch girls.

“Well, since we both seem to be heading home I thought we could go home together. You know, with everything going on, it would be a good idea.” He said, his goofy smile still on his face. 

Reila stared at him, dully, and scoffed.

“I don’t think so.” She said as she walked off, making sure not to brush against him. Just looking at him was making her stomach turn. She wasn’t sure why but he was making her ten times more annoyed then usually.

“Come on, Reila. Your brother would be happy to know that his twin made it home safe. He heard what happened this morning.” Erik continued.

Reila rolled her eyes and continued making her way to the student parking, wondering if the blood suckers ran into Brandon.

“Did he run into them?” She asked.

“He did.”

Reila sighed. She found Amy’s car parked under a tree, but there was no Amy in sight. She hoped that her red-headed friend would hurry so that she could get home. Leaning against Amy’s car, Reila gave Erik a look as she waited for him to give her the details about what happened earlier. He shrugged to her look, smirking.

“Wouldn’t you like to know?”

She glowered. Of course, it’s was none of her business. She wasn’t any one important in the pack. Even holding the title of Alpha’s daughter meant nothing only that no one is to mess with her. Sometimes she felt as she was Omega.

“Well, I’m heading home with Amy, so no thank you to your offer.” Reila said, sweetly. Erik sighed, shaking his head.

“Such a pain.”

She narrowed her eyes at him, wanting to kick his—

“Erik!”

Reila let out a sigh of relief when a group of Erik’s friends were calling him over from across the parking lot. But Erik only waved to them and shouted out a ‘Hey’ back.