Chapter 6: They are heard

Breakfast. Anxietyrns through my veins as I slip downstairs. My mum and dad are silent and Arianne follows.

this isn't good.

"Morning"I say and grab a bowl and fill it with cereal. "So dad, everything cool?' I try to bring the subject up. He looks at me with a powerful glare, i try my best to know he answer behind his glare, but it's hard to unlock.

'Your mother and I, Lauren, need to talk with you two" my dad sighs and eyes my mother. "Come"He signals for me to sit at the counter next to him. And so I do. Arianne stays beside me and wraps both her hands aroud my left arm.

I look at her, she shrugs and gives a small confinding grin. "What?" i mouth to her. Ï dont know" she mouths back. "last week.. the doctors found something out of he ordinary on the right side of my stomachso they suggested a further investigation. They thought.. well what it looked like was stomach cancer" I froze to the words.

I instantly felt very pale. Am terrified. I felt my heart drop to my feet, my stomach turned and ached in a burnt feeling. I lost my appetite.

"They did the test.. and the result was.." he pauses. I swear it felt like the whole world paused for a second and then continued to turn.

"Thanks to god the results were negative'He lets out a breath and smiles.

i sigh heavily with tears in my eyes I looked over at Arianne, totally forgot she was right behind seeking comfort on my right arm. She was the same.

i hugged my dad as tight as i could possibly think.. My mother was happy that we knew.

My prayers were heard.

¨

I made no plans on telling any of my friends that my dad was almost diagnosed with stomach cancer. And so I kept it that way.

"Lauren you've been very silent this morning." Nick says as we walk along students in the hallway.

"It's nothing" I simply say, but keep my eyes in front. "Are you sure? I may not be Cameron but you can have confidence in me too, you know" Nick says

How dare him say that. I have confidence in all my friends and I also pay attention to every one of them. Cameron is like my brother and Nick needs to understand that.

"Its really nothing, Nick" I look at his eyes and walk away to my next class.

"Hey" Harry smiles at me as I sit behind him not answering nor smiling.

"You okay?" He says turning around in his desk to face me. "Yes can we just focus on the class?" I say and arch my brow. The curly haired boy sends me a confused glare and then his eyes leave my face. He slowly turns away.

Am really not in a talkative mood today. Mostly beacuase am still shaken from this morning and the other half.. I really don't know.

the class finishes and I hurry to get out. "MIss Hilton" Mr. Gilbert stops me in my tracks.. Great.

I go to his desk. "I would like to congragulate you on your excelent work throughout the year. In your most recent exam you had a perfect score and higher with the bonus exercise." He smiles and hands me the exam which is five pages, front and back.

I look at it and in the front aside from the date written in red ink 105%. "Thank you Mister Gilbert I really do study for these exams" My smile is beyond big.

"keep up the good work Miss Hilton and you might graduate before senior year" His face expression is full in grace.

I open my mouth in amuzement "Are you serious?" I am beyond excited.

He nods slowly; gracefully.

"I've consulted the rest of your teachers and all of them agree, you are an excelent student Lauren" He says

"Thank you for the wonderful news Mister Gilbert. I can't believe it.. Thank you so much" i say my voice high in excitement.

I can't believe it. i might graduate earlier than i expected. i might skip senior year! i can't wait to tell my parents and my sister.

-

School is over.

Am home in my room doing my homework and studying for a test we have on next monday.

"Lauren" Arianne says as she opens my bedroom door. I look up at her. "I didn't know you were studying" She says " Yea.. And also i have something to tell you and mom and dad" I sm ile and bite my bottom lip.

Arianne sighs and pushes a streak of her rich blonde hair behind her ear.

"Listen I need to talk to you" She closes my door behind her.