one

-warning: strong content including gore!
[ KARA'S POV ]
"dude, this place is so good." i say, taking a large bite of my burger.

"you're not wrong sister" james says, pursing his lips and looking around.

"i want to go home honestly, im tired as shit, i have no energy." madison says.

madison was my twin sister. she had a crush on grayson, and I had a crush on ethan.

james and emma were a part of our friend group, and the school called us the "sister squad." james was gay, and no one ever failed to see it.

"not with that attitude, sister." james says, flicking his eyebrows at madison.

"I'm thinking maybe we should head home, it's 10 already." grayson said, causing everyone to look outside and shake their heads in disbelief.

"bro how did we not see this, we've been out all day." ethan says.

"alright, but we have school tomorrow!!" i say, excitedly. i love school, even though I don't have many friends, all I had was this group.

everyone groans in annoyance at the words that swiftly left my mouth.

i smirk as we all get up and walk outside, deciding on who's going with who.

"dibs on the twins house!" ethan yells, and my eyes grow wide as a smile plasters across my face.

"of course." i reply, containing the excitement.

eventually, everything gets sorted out. madison is going to to grayson's place, ethan is coming to mine and emma will stay with James.

we all say our goodbyes and as I make my way to the car, I feel two large arms snake around my waist.

"i had fun today, kara." ethan says.

my breath hitches in my throat and I stop in my tracks.

"me too." is all i manage to get out before he turns me around and presses his lips to mine.

i stand there in shock for a few seconds before i realize what's happening and kiss back.

we stay like this for a while until I pull away, needing to take a breath of air.

i jump when I hear the sound of clapping, and I turn around to see everyone still standing there.

"congrats sister, you left your chapstick." James says.

today was so unimaginably amazing, i wonder at this point what could go wrong.
-
"you guys' place is nice." ethan says, standing in the living room, looking around.

"thanks, my parents helped pay for it. they wanted to move to Australia, but I wanted to stay here, so they paid for our house and now we just chill out by ourselves." i answer.

"me and gray live by ourselves too, parents decided to stay in jersey but we visit them often." he says.

"lit. well imma go upstairs and change, you can sleep in my bed I'll stay on the sofa." I tell him, but he looks back up at me with a face that I can't read.