Chapter 2

Today was the day I was going to die.

I slept in. Yes, I’ll admit that’s not usually a big deal, but it kind of is when your meeting the most powerful shifter to grace this world.

I really didn’t want to die.

Whilst I was scolded by my wolf for my dramatic thoughts, I scramble around my new room- barging roughly into the corner of the furniture until I finally reach my suitcase.

Hmm, what do you wear on the day you may die?

Pulling out a white sundress and my doc martens I quickly get changed; swiftly braiding my hair and sprinting to the bathroom.

 “Bloody hell,” I mutter, quickly standing up and running to the bathroom sink, brushing my teeth and chucking my toothbrush in the sink. There was no time to be practical, so by the time I left my room it was a complete mess.

Having no idea where Gabriel’s office is, I scramble around the house frantically; hoping to hear my brother.

Hearing a series of yelling- I follow the sound, landing up in front of a large wooden door. Don’t panic. Knock on the door and be confident. Ignoring my wolf I wait to hear someone say something, not waiting long before a cold voice begins to speak.  “I will not allow you and your sister to stay here,” a man yells, making shivers run up my spine. “First off you go from pack to pack, coming and going as you please and now your sister doesn’t even have the decency to show up.”

“I’m sorry Alpha, she was extremely tired and must have slept in,” my brother explains, pausing before continuing. “But I need to stay here. I have met my mate, her name is Adelaide and she is your third in command, Samuels’s sister.”

“Take her with you then,” the voice hisses curtly, who I quickly realize must be Gabriel.

Knocking on the door all talking fleetingly ends. Samuel quickly opens the door, a pained look on his face.  Oh dear lord and all that’s holy. This guy is going to slaughter me.

I quickly walked in, standing beside Adrian who was desperately trying to calm his wolf down; taking long breathes with a murderous expression plastered on his face.

“I’m so sorry I’m late Alpha, I slept in,” I finally speak up, my voice trembling as I refuse to look up.

So much for confidence…

Ignoring my wolf and her snide remarks, my ears perk at the sound of heavy walking coming my way. When I was once staring at wooden floors, my eyesight was suddenly flocked with two large boots, no-doubt connected to a large man. Let’s take a guess and say Gabriel.

“I’m your Alpha now Charlotte Grice and when I want you somewhere you will be there. You will show respect and not question me. Do you understand?” Although his tone was terrifying and just from looking at his shoes I could tell his stance was intimidating, I couldn’t help but shiver in pleasure. Confusion shrouds my thoughts and tingles erupt on my body, dancing around my skin like a confident dancer.

Charlotte please look up. Look into his eyes.

I don’t know why I listened to my wolf who was pleading with me when a very powerful man was standing right in front of me. Why would I listen to her when this man could snap my neck just for looking at him? Yet, I did and surprisingly I’m not dead.

His eyes were green, the kind of green you could only see in an exotic forest located on secluded places. As I stare closer I notice golden flecks swimming in his iris; shimmering and getting darker as I stare longer. His eyes stare down at me, turning from a cold void to confusion, softening as he stares longer.