Chapter 5

My eyes flutter open and the white roof welcomes me. A strong arm lies on top of my stomach, connected to the arm is my mate who is fast asleep and oblivious to the world.

Gabriel is wrapped around me like a vine, his head resting on my shoulder and his strong legs tangled with mine.

I'm so tempted to tangle my hands in his unruly black hair and hold him for the rest of the day, but I don't. I'm hungry and hoping my brother is okay.

Gently, I pry Gabe's arm off of me, quickly giving him a pillow which he immediately curls up to with a small frown. My man looks so young and carefree in his sleep, his face calm and relaxed, instead of in his permanent scowl.

Quickly tying up my hair, I gently walk to the door; opening and closing it as gently as possible. I pause for a moment, hoping to remember where the kitchen is, but when I don't I give up and use my nose as a guide.

After walking for a minute I hear laughing and the sound of someone opening and closing an oven. Jackpot.

 Walking into the room I see a group of young adults, Samuel included. The room quickly quietens as I walk in, everyone staring at me with ghostly faces.

"Um hello," I say shyly, walking over to Sam who gives me a smile between stuffing his face with food.

Sitting down in the vacant seat next to him I feel everyone's eyes on me, perhaps knowing who I am.

"Hello Luna," Sam replies cheerfully, a sudden mood change from yesterday.

"Do you know where my brother is?" I ask hopefully as a kind woman puts a plate of eggs and bacon down in front of me. Giving her a smile and saying thank you, I dig in now used to the eyes I'm drawing.

Sam stops eating and seems to realise something, looking at me with wide eyes.

"Where's Alpha?" He asks, with what seems a frightened tone.

I shrug, popping some egg in my mouth. "When I left he was still asleep."

"Oh no," Sam mutters, suddenly getting up and grabbing my arm. "Get back as soon as you can, don't let him know you've been up."

What? Why can't I be up? I give Sam a puzzled face as he continues to stare at me with horror. Looking around I realise everyone else looks the same as Sam, suddenly looking terrified when they hear a loud deep growl.

"WHERE IS MY MATE?!"

Oh no, Gabriel is awake and not happy. This must be why Sam is so terrified; Gabriel is still so possessive, I didn't even think he would react like this though.

I don't have to turn around to know he's standing in the doorway. His eyes piercing into my back. He growls again, this time a warning. In horror I look down and realise Sam is still gripping my arm.

I quickly wrench my arm away and turn to Gabe, looking at his animalistic face, so different to the calm face I left this morning.

Realising his wolf was about to take over I have to calm my mate down so all these people would stop looking so terrified and Gabe won't hurt Sam.

"Gabe," I breathe out, capturing his attention away from Sam.

"Why was he holding your arm?" He growls, his eyes turning black for a moment before going back to their usual green.

Shit.

"I um, nearly fell and Sam grabbed me so I wouldn't fall," I lie, thinking quickly.

Gabe's posture relaxes slightly but he's still so mad, madder than I've ever seen anyone be before.

"He shouldn't be touching you Charlotte, you're mine and mine only and I don't share," He hisses, directing his message at Sam.

Thinking quickly I slowly walk to Gabe, coming to a halt in front of his impressively sized frame and staring up at him.

"Calm down Gabe, please," I whisper, reaching up and gently stroking his cheek with my hand.

Gabe closes his eyes for a moment before opening them and looking down at me adoringly. He grabs my hand of his face and gently kisses it, pulling me into his frame and wrapping his arms around me.

All is okay.

"Why weren't you there when I woke up?" He asks, no longer with a chilling tone.

"I'm sorry," I murmur, looking up at Gabe. "I was hungry."

Gabe looks down at me and gently pecks me on the lips. "Okay let's get you changed; I don't want you getting cold."

I am far from cold, but only smile, grabbing my mates hand as he leads me to our room. Quickly looking back I'm shocked to see the people in the kitchen staring at me with their mouths wide open, whilst Sam just gives me an appreciative smile.

Reaching our room, I unlatch my hand from Gabe's and jump onto the bed, curling into a ball and closing my eyes.

Suddenly I am lifted onto Gabe's lap, my eyes opening to come face to face to Gabe's beautiful face.

"I'm sorry if I scared you back there," He says, holding my face with both of his hands.

I gently smile and nuzzle into his hands. "It's okay; I know you can't help it."

He looks like he wants to smile and my heart pangs sadly when I realise he can't. Gabe realises this has upset me and gently kisses me, pulling me closer to him.

I immediately respond to the kiss, my lips working with Gabe's in harmony. This is a passionate kiss that makes my insides explode with happiness and my heart expand.

Eventually I break off the kiss and Gabe nuzzles my neck, pressing a soft kiss just above my collarbone where I will hold his mark.

"How badly I want to mark you," he mutters, looking into my eyes as he cradles me.

Am I ready? I think so. When males mark their mates they become even more possessive than usual, not really letting their mates out of sight. Normal males are pretty possessive, though I feel Gabe will be a bit extreme.

It's a risk I want to take though, so I smile and respond. "Okay. I'm ready Gabe."

Gabriel's eyes spring to mine and they darken, clearly in lust.

"Are you sure, baby? Once I start I'm not going to be able to stop" He murmurs, looking at me like I'm the answer to everything.

Yes, I'm ready. I want this; I need this. "Please, I'm ready Gabe."

The lips I crave are suddenly latched back onto mine, kissing me with wonder. Before I get time to respond Gabe's lips are working their way to the spot I will be marked, leaving soft kisses on the way.

He pauses on the spot. "Do it," I plead, reassuring my mate.

And that is all he needs, plunging his fangs into my skin, marking me as his and his only.

I am his and right now I feel complete, for the first time in my life.

Thanks to Gabe.