The Uninvited

Chapter 10

After Miranda left I fell asleep and was awaken by Nathalie knocking on my door. I groggily open my eyes and groan into the pillow. I was sore and desperately in need of a shower. Memories of Miranda and I flood my brain. I lick my lips and feel myself becoming bother just by thinking of her. “Sam?” I hear Nathalie call knocking softly again. I mumble something and bury my nose in my pillow. It smelled of Miranda.

“Sam are you okay?” Nathalie was now standing in my room. “Thanks for bringing my book. Austin told me you were acting odd.”

My eyes widen and I instantly sit up. “What did he say?” I question but my voice sounded rough from sleep. Nathalie sits on the end of my bed and touches my forehead. “You’re burning up Sam.” I shrug. It was hot in here.

“I’m fine.” I reply. She cock her head to the side but continues to answer my question. “Austin stated that you were acting weird and told me to talk to you.” Nathalie pulls her heels off her feet. I blush when I look at those sexy shoes. I swear the Grayson was too much for me. My eyes drifts from her shoes to her legs and back to her face. “What is wrong?” Nathalie questions. “Are you sick?”

“Nah, Austin is just being nosy. That’s all. Everything is fine.” I grin. “I promise.”

Again Nathalie cocks her head to the side. I look away from her and then stand stretching. “I’m gonna shower.”

Nathalie looks at me oddly but doesn’t push me further. She leaves out my room leaving me to my thoughts.

I was happy that Nathalie didn’t question me further. She kept her distance until I was ready for her to be around me. We were now sitting on the couch and I was flipping through the channels as she read some boring novel. “How was lab?” She questions.

“It was ok.” I shrug.

Nathalie frowns but continue to read her book. Something was up. But I didn’t have the time and brain power to question it. Tomorrow I would. I was so sore and tired. Miranda did a number on me. I yawn in my hand and rest my head in Nathalie lap and she instantly begin to run her fingers through my hair as she continue to read. I fall in a dreamless slumber.

<><>

It was a week later and I still haven’t heard from Miranda. I was doing better than I thought I was but I was still disappointed in the fact that she would completely cut me off like this. I was busy with school and my friends were distracting me. I loved them so much. Duke slowly begin to start back hanging around us bringing some foreign girl at the table with him. I only rolled my eyes at his audacity to try to make me jealous. I was glad he was moving on. She was quite a looker. Brown hair with an accent. We were all walking back to our home when Nathalie states, “That was very disrespectful.”

I laugh, “Don’t worry about Duke Nat. I’m fine.”