Chapter 1: Last Day

6 months later

"Ok mom I'm heading off to school now." Harry yelled as he started walking out the door.

"Oh honey! Come here for a second!" she yelled back happily. He groaned and walked over to her.

"Yeah mom?" he asked with a hint of urgency in his tone to subtly convey that he would be late if he didn't leave right this second.

"Sorry Harry. I just wanted to make sure everything is ok." she said with her face looking a bit nervous.

"I'm fine. Just hoping to get my last day over with."

She wasn't the slightest bit convinced, but was too nervous to ask about it. She let him go and he walked to school which, thankfully, wasn't too far from his house. 

-

On his way he stood outside a house and waited. He heard a familiar voice screaming "I'll be late!" as a girl walked outside her house with an irritated look on her face. She grumbled until she saw Harry, then proceeding to walk over to him.

"I'm so sorry if I made you wait long" she said frantically.

Harry chuckled a bit and said, "No worries Alex. You're perfectly fine I promise. New top?"

She glanced down and looked at her new light-blue blouse, then back up at Harry smiling.

"Yes it is actually. I got it yesterday before I walked over to see you. How're you feeling?"

"I'm fine." he replied. "Just like I always am."

She made a face of concern, but decided to stop trying to dig.

"Sooo... How's your Econ grade. Did you manage to raise it?" she asked curiously.

"A bit. I raised it to a B+ and mom seems fine with that. I missed a bit of school anyways so it's to be expected that my grades dropped, but getting them back up wasn't that hard" he replied plainly.

"Good. I'm glad I was able to help you out when you came back" she said smiling.

He simply smiled back at her as they continued their walk to school.