•one

Aubrey's POV

"Ready for your first day?", my mom asks as she walks into my room. We had moved here to New York City from London, after my fathers messy affair. We decided it'd be best for us to have a fresh start while he's with his girlfriend in London. I was going to start my first day of my senior year in a new school, which gave me chills.

"I just don't get why I can't be homeschooled like I was since I started school", I sighed. "When you were homeschooled, you lacked lots of social skills", she says. I laugh, knowing it's true. My only friend back home was my neighbors pet dog, not my neighbor, their dog.

"I'm going to get ready for work, you should be getting ready for school, you only have half an hour to get ready", she says and walks out. My mom had got offered a position in a hospital 40 minutes away from home. It was far, but the only one closest to us.

I had already brushed my teeth, hair, and showered. I quickly slipped on a pair of black high waisted jeans, a plaid long sleeved crop top, and white vans. I   make myself a bowl of Cheerios and head outside.

"Do you need a ride?", my mom asks as she makes her way to her car. "Yes please", I respond, walking towards her car. We go into her car and drive off to my new school. It would've been a ten minute walk but I honestly did not feel like walking.

She dropped me off at the entrance where I had a better view of the school. It was huge to say the least. It was an outdoor school with beautiful landscapes. "What do you want?", the lady at the reception asks with not one tone of amusement. "Oh, I'm new here". She sighs and reaches towards a cabinet filled with files. After getting my schedule I begin to head out. So far this day was already going terrible. I check my schedule to see that I had Astronomy first period. I smile, I've had an interest in space since I was seven. I make my way to room 419. I check my phone to see that the bell had rung 10 minuets ago, hence the deserted halls.

I walk into class and hear the teacher explaining class rules. He catches my eye and I gave a nervous smile taking a seat available in the back. I hear whispered cat calls making my way to the back and mentally roll my eyes. "I am Mr. Kane, Good morning...", he says with full enthusiasm. "Audrey", I reply giving him a small smile. "I've never seen your face here, your new aren't you?", he questions. I gave him a nod, feeling everyone's eyes on me.

After listening to Mr. Kane explain all of our class rules and what we should be expecting in the near future, the bell rings signaling my next class. I check my schedule than sigh, making my way to math class. It's not that I hated math, I just wasn't in the mood to sit through it. I walk in and take a seat in the back, as always.

Mrs. Dee had been going through the regular first day basis with us, and about half an hour later she sat down. "Okay class, there seems to be half an hour of class left so go ahead and chat up with your peers", she says and starts typing on her laptop.

I was about to take out my phone, but than heard a feminine voice next to me. "Hey, I'm Ashley", she says giving me a warm smile. "I'm Aubrey", I smile back to her. She had gorgeous short black hair and round brown eyes. "I've never seen you around here, are you new?", she asks. "Yea, I moved here from London", I answer. "You?", I ask. "Wow London seems so cool, I definitely wanna go in the future, and I've been in this town my whole life", she says.

We continued to talk for about 20 more minutes until we heard a voice from behind us. "Awww how cute, Ashley's finally got a friend", a girl from behind us laughs. I turn around and see a three girls laughing like what she said was the funniest thing on earth. The three girls than walk away to talk to some guys in the back of the class. "Sorry about that, Casey been bullying me since 3rd grade", Ashley sighs. "You shouldn't have to apologize, nor endure her remarks", I say, she gives me a small smile. We continue talking throughout the rest of the period until the bell rings.

Ashley and I later found out that we had third period, English Honors 2 together. After third ended, we were making our way to lunch. "Give me the tea on this school", I say, causing her to laugh. "I would love to", she smiles. "So, Casey and her two minions are in the cheer team, classic... I know. Casey's captain and thinks she runs this school, she's the second most popular student in school", she says. "Who's first?", I ask. "That would be Eli Blackwood. Our schools very own 'Bad Boy'. He's rich, rides a motorcycle, gets into fights, fails his classes, boxes, barely shows up, and so on", Ashley laughs. "This school sounds like a movie", I say amused. She nods as we stand in line for lunch.

"Is he cute?" I ask, curiously. "Every girl in school would die to be even acknowledged by him. He's the definition of perfect. Dark blonde hair, blue eyes, dimples, abs, captain of the football team, he's even over six feet", she says. "Sounds like you've got a crush", I smirk. "He's hot and all, but I'm actually crushing on someone else right now", she blushes. We were up next in line and I sigh. "After we get our food, your telling me who he is", I say. She laughs nodding.

This schools lunch actually looked appetizing. Whenever I watch movies or shows, the schools lunch is always looked down upon. I take a seat on an empty bench. "I don't think we should sit here", Ashley whispers. "Why not?", I ask. "That's Casey's table", she says. "Who cares", I shrug and take a seat. She groans but sits in front of me anyways. Ashley and I had both gotten a yogurt parfait.

"So, who's the lucky guy you've been eyeing?", I smirk at her. She turns pink causing me to chuckle. "Well, his name is Kevin, and he's captain of the basketball team. He's way out of my league", she sighs eat her parfait. "What do you mean, your seriously hot as hell, why would he be out of your league", I say, scrunching my eyebrows. "Thank you", she laughs and than continues. "But if I'm honest, your the only friend I've made here and it's my senior year", she shrugs. "I'm not good at making friends, I'm surprised you even talked to me. I mean, do you not notice the guys that stare at your whenever we're talking, or hear them cat call", she says. "People are missing out than, because if we never started talking I would of probably ate lunch with the librarian while we talked about what books are currently trending", I laugh making her laugh as well.

"What do you think your doing?" I look up and see Casey giving me the rudest glare. Ashley's eyes go wide and I notice everyone in the cafeteria is silent, watching us closely. "New girl, your kinda on my bench, so get moving.Ashely you should know better", she says and rolls her eyes. I get up and look around the bench. "Doesn't have your name on it", I shrug and sit back down. I hear gasps circulating the large room and continue eating.

"Who do you think you are?", Casey says louder than her tone was before. "I'm Aubrey", I say and continue eating. "Well, Aubrey, your going to regret the little scene you made here", she says glaring at me. "Okay cool. There literally 3 other open benches", I say pointing to the corner. The cafeteria was filled with kids, but there were still seats left. People were now laughing, gasping, or recording this scene on their phones. I mentally rolled my eyes at their reaction, Casey isn't all that. Casey gives me one last glare before heading towards an empty bench.

"What a bitch, she really got mad over a bench", I tell Ashley, still in disbelief. "I can't believe you just did that", she laughs. "No one has ever stood up to her like that", she says. "Well it's about time someone puts her in her place", I laugh. We kept on walking until we heard the room once again go quiet. In walked who I guessed to be Eli. Ashley wasn't lying when she told me he was hot. "That's Eli", Ashley says reading my thoughts.