Chapter 4

Chapter 4

His big green beautiful eyes were looking right at mine. Josh was beautiful, but he was also a jerk. I couldn't let his beauty get in the way of my feelings for him. 

"What are you doing here? You should know by now that I don't want anything to do with you." I told him

"I know you hate my guts but just hear me out." He started playing with his fingers.

"I'm listening." I sat up straight.

"Okay, here goes. I really miss you Trinity. I don't know how else I can put this. Lately I've been tossing and turning at night. I'm having difficultly sleeping because I can't stop thinking about you. Our relationship was so strong. We had our ups and downs but we still got through everything. We had lots of funny memories. Ever since you broke up with me, they've been playing in my mind almost every single day. I miss all that and I want it back." He put his warm hand over mine and started rubbing his thumb on my skin.

Suddenly my heart started beating rapidly. I tear streamed down my face and my throat felt like it had a huge knot stuck in the middle of it. I looked to the ground and then looked back at Josh. A rush of butterflies came inside my stomach. I didn't understand the feelings I was getting. Josh sure knew how to sweet talk but I wasn't going to let it get to me. I removed my hand from his reach and wiped the tear away from my face. 

"I can't trust you Josh. After what you did, I have no trust for you anymore." I could barely speak with the knot in my throat. 

"I'm not that person anymore. I changed, I swear I did. I really want you back Trinity." He moved closer.

"I find that hard to believe. If you want my trust back you'll have to keep trying because right now, I want nothing to do with you." The tears came rushing out of my eyes. 

I got up from my seat and ran outside of Starbucks. I couldn't take this anymore. All these feelings for Josh, were just confusing me. I continued to wipe the tears from my face. I looked through the window to see what he was doing. Josh was just sitting at the table looking at his hands. I turned around and wiped my eyes again. The sniffling wouldn't go away. Out of no where, a tall young man approached me. I assumed he was about 5'10 or 5'11. He was covered in tattoos like his body was a human canvas or something. He was also wearing a fur-coated hat on his head. 

"Need a tissue?" He asked.

"That would be very helpful." I wiped my hands on my jeans and looked at him.

"Here!" He reached into his pocket and pulled out a kleenex. 

"Thank you." I took the kleenex and cleaned up my face. 

"So what's a pretty girl like you crying about?" He crossed his arms.

"Boy drama. It's typical crap." I swallowed my saliva.

"Ah! Boys can be assholes, huh?" He smirked.

"Tell me about it." I chuckled.

"Whatever happened to you, I'm sure everything will get back to normal. If it doesn't work out, who cares. You're beautiful, you'll find a guy in no time." His smirk turned into a smile. 

"Thank you, it means a lot." I smiled back at him. My boss walked outside and interrupted our conversation.

"Trinity, your shift will be starting soon!" He reminded me.

"I guess this is my cue to leave. I'll see you soon, hopefully. Oh, and kept the tissue. Let's just say it's my peace offering to you." He smiled at the ground and walked away. As I was watching him walk towards the stage, it hit me!

"Wait, you forgot to tell me your name!" I yelled out.

He put his right arm up, made a peace sign, and continued walking. I didn't know this guy, but I sure as hell wanted to see him again. Something about him made me smile at the ground. I don't know what he did, but he made me feel a lot better. It's like he had magical powers and cured my feelings for Josh. I walked back into Starbucks and looked at the table that Josh was sitting in. That's strange, Josh disappeared. I never saw him leave the store though. Oh well, I didn't want to hear or be near Josh at all. I put on my apron and got straight to work. This day was going to be hectic and I didn't need anyone like Josh putting me down. 

About seven hours past since I started my shift and I can already say, I can't do this anymore! More and more teenagers and adults kept walking through those doors and asking for fraps and mochas. Never Shout Never were playing so loud, that the sound was literally coming through the walls. Fans were screaming their butts off. All the noise was getting to my head. At one point, I felt like I was going to faint. I didn't though, thank god. My plan was to stay awake and hydrated. All the energy I'm using is making me tired and thirsty. Another hour and I could finally go home. I can do this! I will not give up!

Freedom at last! It was finally time for me to go home. Right when I get home, I'm not eating or doing anything else. I'm getting changed and taking the longest nap ever. I'm off tomorrow, so sleeping in would be a good idea. I left the store but before heading to the train station, I had to look  for my phone in my handbag. Suddenly, I heard his voice again.

"My name's Christofer, Christofer Drew." He was leaning against the window with one leg up. I turned around and looked at him.

"Are you stalking me?" I asked curiously.

"Maybe, maybe not. Does it bother you?" He slowly walked up to me. 

"Surprisingly, not as much." I had a smirk on my face. 

"So how are you getting home?" He wondered.

"By public transit. That's how I always get home." I explained.

"I'd offer you a ride but I don't want to sound creepy." He chuckled.

"Oh don't worry about it. I'll be fine." I smiled at him.

"Just so I know you're okay, call or text this number when you get home." He handed me a piece of paper and walked away. 

While he was walking away, I overheard Christofer humming some tunes that I had heard while I was working. They sounded like the same songs Never Shout Never were playing outside at their show. I opened the piece of paper. 

"216-467-3148 - Christofer Drew NSN"

NSN? Wait, could that stand for Never Shout Never? His name was also Christofer. The same thing that those two girls on the train were talking about! My eyes lit up and I started smilling like crazy. I cannot believe I just met the lead singer from Never Shout Never! Boy, were those girls right. He is a lot hotter in person. I put the piece of paper in my pocket and started to head home. Christofer sure did make my day and I was positive that I was going to text him when I got home. I pulled out my phone and headphones and started listening to music. I couldn't stop smiling the whole time.