Deleted scene #1

Here I am, publishing the DSs because why not, right?

I have five of them. Shall we begin?

✨✨✨

Chapter 49

[Context: I'd thought I'd make the story more dramatic by blaming Ardashir for someone's accident but it obviously didn't turn out to be that way.]

It was a bright sunny day as Ardashir lounged with his wife. Amal held a cup of coffee in her hand, his cup remained on the centre table, the droplets condensed on the cup as he blew raspberry kisses on his daughter's stomach and her sweet laughter echoed in the lounge.

Amal smiled a little seeing her husband play with their daughter.

'What are you looking at?' Ardashir asked as he sat up, holding their daughter in his arms as he heaved a breath. His eyes crinkled at the edges when he grinned, his eyes flitting between his two girls.

'Nothing.' Amal shrugged, pulling her lips into her mouth.

'I know you too well to know it's not nothing.' His hand curled around her nape as he pulled her close.

Amal laughed a little, pushing him away as he mirrored her emotions.

'I love you.' Ardashir told her, sobering up and meeting her eyes as his large palm cradled her face. He didn't know how many times he had told her that but it wasn't enough, she needed to know how much she meant to him, more than anything.

Her eyes softened, seeing the truth in his eyes and her lips pulled up at the corners. No, it had been five years and a daughter, later, he still hadn't changed, he was the same as he had always been loving, caring. He had told her he was grateful for her, he had expressed it in more ways than she could recall in her head.

Amal nodded as she kept her empty cup on the table. She didn't have to say it back, they didn't need the words to express what they felt for each other.

Ardashir ran his fingers through hair her luscious hair as he pushed the loose strands of her away from her face, it disrupted his view of her natural beauty as their little baby squirmed on his chest.

The bell rang and Ardashir sighed.

'Where are you going?' Ardashir asked as she got up.

'I'll see who's at the door.' She said, picking the scarf from the sofa and wrapped it around her head.

'Sit. I'll see. Take her.' Ardashir said, rising to his feet and passed the baby into her open arms.

He placed a chaste kiss on her temple, lasting longer promising anticipation for what was about to come. Goose bumps pebbled on her skin as his lips skirted the lobe of her ear and he whispered,'We're not done, yet.'

His lips brushed her cheek and his eyes glimmered with mirth when he pulled away and Amal flushed pink under his unnerving gaze.

The bell rang again and Ardashir muttered something under his breath as he dragged his feet to the door.

He was pushed against the adjacent wall as soon as he pulled the door open and his arms were pulled behind his back. His head shoved into the wall as he struggled to loosen the grip around his wrists.

'Wait! Wait! What's happening?' Ardashir yelled, pushing back at the body who had pressed him into the wall.

He felt the cool metal enclose around his wrists.

'Wait! What are you doing!?' He shouted again, his jaw grinded together.

A man had pulled his head back as Amal came into the view.

'What are you doing to my husband?' She asked in a frantic voice, worry drowning her eyes. She saw the hand cuffs clamped around his wrist. Her questioning eyes met his as she walked closer to the police officer.

'Ma'am, please don't come any closer.' The man muttered, warning evident in his tone, his face bare of any emotion as Amal's eyes welled up with unshed tears.

She clung to the officer's arm as he pulled Ardashir with him, he faced her.

'Amal!'

'Ardashir Hassan Omer, you're under arrest for the attempted murder of Ahsan Bukhari.' Ardashir tried to pull his arms free but it was in vain as two police office stood by his side,'You have a right to remain silent! Anything you say will be used against you in court.'

Ardashir didn't know what was happening and it broke his heart to see her like this, tears trailed down her cheeks as she covered her mouth with her palms. His daughter moved in her arms, picking up on her mother's distress. He had no idea why he was being escorted by the police and attempted murder? When, How? Ahsan? Armineh's Ahsan?

The man pushed him to the door when Ardashir braced himself, 'Let me talk to her! Let me talk to her, you bas-' Amal whimpered and he took a deep breath. Anger wouldn't help him.' Let me talk to her, I'll come with you.' He added as his eyes shifted to his sobbing wife,'please.'

'I'll come with you. Please, let me talk to her for a moment.' Ardashir tried again with desperation.

'Contact the lawyer, Amal, as soon as possible.' Ardashir told her as she came to him,'I don't know what's happening but we will find it out soon enough.'

'Shh... Shh, Darling. I'll be fine.' Ardashir tried to reassure her with his own her pounding in his chest. He didn't know any better.

Amal nodded, wiping her tears as she hugged him. He hated the cuffs in his hand in that precise moment, he hastily kissed her forehead and his daughter's as the officers began to pull him, again.

✨✨✨