Chapter Three: Heaven

Tinashe and I decided to open a hair salon, when I tell you it never a dull moment in this salon. My bestie Tinashe will have you laughing, she a crazy person, but that's my girl though. Every day we come in here, Tinashe talks about, how Day Day the barber who shop is next door to us is fine and I should leave Dayvon alone for him.

"Girl did you see Day Day fine ass next door at his barber shop, I swear that man gets finer every day," Tinashe said, biting her lips.

"He cute but he ain't all that," I said.

"Girl lies, all you worry about is Dayvon ugly yellow ass," she sassed, rolling eyes.

"No, I don't," I told her.

"Yes, you do," Everybody in the salon agreed in unison.

"I bet you 20 dollars his ass ain't faithful, probably cheating on yo ass right now." One of Tinashe's client said.

I look at that bitch like she was stupid. Tinashe knew I wasn't feeling her comment, she look at me and got up in the girl face.

"Look, I would advise yo ass to shut up or you will be leaving this bitch looking like Celie off The Color Purple because I don't play about that one," Tinashe spat, pointing at me to the girl.

Everyone laugh in unison.

She suck her teeth and continue reading her magazine while she wait to get her hair did.

Tinashe was like a big sister I never had. Well I have one I just don't fuck with her. Tinashe and I been best friends since elementary. We own a Hair Salon together where we do hair and makeup.

I was done with my last client. A DM pop up in my notifications. I couldn't help but smile when I open the message.

Master_diginthoseguts: Hey luv I been thinking about you.

I didn't reply, it made me feel guilty. I didn't want to be texting other men ,when I have a boyfriend at home. Do I miss Darren? Yes, I do a lot, he was my first love. I miss hugging him ,listening to him talk about what he want to be and mostly those hazel eyes I get lost in every time he look at me.If Darren said let's get married my ass probably would've left Dayvon ass high and dry. Darren would always have a hold on me that I can't explain.

****

Finally, I'm off from work. I pulled up to the one-bedroom townhome Dayvon and I share. I open the door and placed my car keys and coat on the hooks and my shoes off placing them by the door. I grab the mail on the counter and look through it and walked up the stairs to our room.