chapter 4: A new home

I took my time and walked slowly through the corridors and hallways, not wanting to meet my roommates just yet. I was exhausted, mentally, physically, and emotionally. Faking happiness was not something I could do right now, even though I usually did it on a regular basis. Looking around the castle I realised this whole place looked ancient, like it had a medieval times feel to it. The hallway floors had a plush looking maroon, red, and gold carpet with was bordered with roses on the outside. The hallways were lit with fire lamps; shadows danced everywhere making the building a little scarier than the building would have looked during the day. I looked at the slip of paper once again room 216 in the falcon wing, here we are.

I took a deep breath and slowly pushed open the door. I was surprised because it was pretty big for a dorm room. As I walked in I saw sort of a living room. There were two black leather sofas and a flat screen TV on the wall, two game systems, an x-box 360 and ps3 were lying underneath it, the controllers scattered everywhere. To my right I saw a kitchen with a small dining table for four in the corner with a marble counter. I walked a little further and saw a room with four computers and a printer in the corner, the room also had foosball table and two stairs cases on opposite ends. I put all my bags down in front of the right staircase, too tired to pick them up and instead walked up the stairs to my room. Looking around my room I saw that it had two king size beds each covered with a maroon coloured blanket and a whole bunch of different size pillows. The floor was covered with the same carpet as the hallways and the windows were covered with long sating brown drapes. I walked further in until I looked to my right and saw the bathroom.

I quickly undressed and popped in there for a long steamy hot shower. I came out relaxed and smelling like strawberries, and then on my bed I saw what I guessed to be my school robe with a note beside it. I picked up the note, feeling a little creeped out and read it, the writing was beautiful and looked like it was written in calligraphy with red ink. "Dear Rose, please where this to tonight's dinner, all students are required to be in uniform, come down soon. I then heard my stomach growl and looked at the time, 8:44 pm, I hadn't realized how hungry I was until now. I quickly changed and ran out the door, not caring much for what I look like. After 10 minutes of wandering the hall aimlessly, I finally came to a pair of two very large wooden doors. From behind it I could hear the other students talking, there had to be at least 500 of them. My stomach dropped and my knees weakened, here goes nothing, I told myself as I pushed open the door.