Chapter Three-Visiting Cat

Dear Diary, today I went to visit Cat's farm.

Cats the local farm boy. He's only like...20 something? And he doesn't ever pull his weight. He lives with Tanuka, who's his best friend or something, although he's old enough to be Cats father.  As I was walking through the Main Street, I could feel watchful eyes on my back. No one was about, but I felt sure that the residents of Forget-Me-Not valley were peering at me through their windows. As I passed Wally and Daisy's house, I swear I saw a flash of movement at the floral curtains as someone leapt away from the window, not wanting to be caught peering.

I wasused to it. Only Sebastian's knows I'm a witch, but everyone thinks I'm a bit wierd. Whatever. I think they're all a bit weird. But is it simple paranoia or were their stares particularly cutting today? I was feeling pretty uncomfortable as I turned onto the road to the farm, and I was painfully aware of my footsteps ringing loud upon the cobbles.

Cats farm is woeful, and it wasn't any better today. At the end of the road there was his farmhouse, a tiny run down little building barely as big as my shed. There's a horse shed next to  that, but it's empty. I could tell- I'm able to sense animal emotions and auras. The rest of the land is just empty fields of tangled yellow grass, not maintained at all. The farm was quiet today. There wasn't any livestock to moo and baa after all, I supposed. I walked up to the ragged door of the red brick farmhouse. It was a dark oak door without any knocker or doorbell to speak of. Sighing internally, I rapped my knuckles against the wood. There was no answer. Already regretting ever coming and visiting this layabout,  I turned around and walked over to the pond. There's this nice pond next to his house. It's overgrown with weeds and the water is murky, but I like it. I push aside the long grasses and kneel down next to the pond. It's quiet here. I put one hand in the water- it was cold, but not freezing. Cold in a nice way. Something furry rubs against my arm and without even looking, I can feel the relaxed aura of a cat. It's a black cat. I didn't know Cat had a cat. I run my hand along its back, and it leans into my palms. I smile. I like animals. That was something that the Harvest Godess never got. She thought that just because I killed them, I didn't love them. Ridiculous.

"Hey, whats up?" I looked to see who it was- it was Cat, standing over me. The cat -the animal, not the person- hissed irritably and ducked away through the weeds. Same, little cat. I stood up and met Cat's eyes. "I was coming to check on you, actually. Have you found any sprites yet?" Cat wouldn't meet my eyes. "Uh..not yet. I'm sorry." He said nervously. I could feel anger flickering inside me like the start of a bad spell, but I clenched my fists and tried to contain it. "Well.. you know. Hurry up."

Unable to stand there any longer, I pushed through the long weeds and stormed out of the farm. I could feel bad magic brewing inside me like an oncoming storm, but I managed to contain it, to quench it it until I came back to the shed. And then it all came rushing out, the wrath of a furious witch, onto an unassuming little rabbit that was torn open by a blast of dark magic. Despite everything, I felt a burst of satisfaction at the strength of my power, that it could lay a rabbit to the ground so fast and skilfully.

That's why I like killing animals. Because I'm a bad person. Because I love them, but I love killing more.

—— Thankyou for reading this chapter! I understand that some people are averse to descriptions of killing animals, and I'm much the same. However, in the game canon the witch enjoys the main player killing animals and I wanted to elaborate on that and provide an explanation. I apologise if I shocked people and I will not be writing about something that gory again.—