Chapter One- Gone Like Water Through My Fingers

Context: This story is told from the point of view of the Witch Princess, a character in Harvest Moon DS. In order to fully understand the context of the story, it'd be best to have played the game, or to at least have looked up the beginning of the game on YouTube. If you can't be bothered to do that, know this at least: the Witch Princess is 'frenemies' with a character known as the Harvest Godess in the game (although I explore their relationship further in this story) and she gets mad at her, petrifies her and sends her to the bottom of a lake. She then sends the Goddesses Harvest Sprites (small dwarf things) to another dimension. It is then up to the main character (Cat, in this case) to find the sprites to bring the Godess back. This story explores the guilt felt by the Witch Princess during this time (something that is never explored in the game.)

Dear Diary....

Uh. Today, I just possibly murdered my only friend in the entire world, the Harvest Godess, and dumped her (possibly dead) stone body in a pond.

And I didn't even say goodbye. Like, if she was dead, you'd think it would only be courteous of me to say goodbye. But I was mad as hell, ok? And I wasn't thinking and god knows I've come close to tearing out her precious heart more than once before but I never really wanted her to die.

We were down at the beach, and she was going off at me for killing one of Vestas cows that had wandered into the ground of Roman's mansion- where I live. She was calling me all these terrible things- a sadist, a muderer, bloodthirsty- and I tried to explain to her why I liked seeing things die, but she wasn't having none of it, I guess. We fought. With spells, fists-everything. It was pretty bad, but not terrible, I do suppose.

I was pretty pissed off, I guess, but hey, why wouldn't I be! She thinks she's all that and a top hat, and honest to goodness I get so sick of it all the time. Maybe that's why I snapped. I was just trying to get some piece and quiet at the pond when she has the gall to show up in her flashy robes with her sprite cronies. 

I only meant to do a simple freezing spell, that was all. Something that'd make her pause comically for a few seconds while I hustled out of there, because I wasn't looking for a fight.  But yeah, that turned into a petrifying spell and here we are.

Her stone body is at the bottom of the river and she won't come back until all her sprites return- because y'know, they're all magical and I think they'd be able to reverse the spell if they all worked together.

Only I did whisk them off into another dimension. That's a pretty big oof.

Cat said he'd help me though. He's some young farmer boy that's living off Tanuka's paycheck and doing hell-all, and I don't think we'd ever spoken before-but he rocked up after it'd all gone down. Yes, ok. I may have been sobbing into my hands at that point. Yes, ok. He may have had to pat my back while I tearfully told him what happened.

He said he'd look out for the sprites. I guess he's not a bad egg. Unlike me-I'm the worst egg. I almost didn't go home. I was gonna jump into the pond right after her.

Beacuse as much as I hate her, I love her to death even more.

I mean it when I say to death.