Starter #12

I am a child of tragedy.

I was born into the world at the cost of my birth mother's life, completely deaf in my right ear. My father was devastated, having lost the love of his life at the cost of me. When i was 3, he took his own life in the bathroom of Mcdonald's, leaving me sitting in the restaurant chewing on chips.

My grandparents were dead on my mothers side, and they may as well not have existed on my fathers side. They didn't approve of his relationship with my mother, or me, his love child. I found out later that our postman had come to the door to deliver a package and my dad had killed him, so it was determined that he killed himself  to avoid lawful punishment.

I grew up in an orphanage for the next 6 years of my life, but something happened to my room mate. I remember we had gotten into a stupid fight over the t.v remote and i was really, really angry. Next thing i know she's lying on the ground under my glare, blood dribbling out of the corners of her mouth and eyes, clawing at her throat as if she couldn't breathe.

She died, lying right there in front of me. I was 9 years old and i had just watched the girl that i had grown up with for the past 6 years die. Suddenly I didn't want the t.v remote anymore.

The doctors said a portion of her brain had exploded and her breathing organ had collapsed, i forget the name. I knew that because i had snuck out of my room to eavesdrop in the main office, knowing they would be talking about it.

After that incident, I didn't speak for 6 years. I didn't watch the t.v for 2 of those years. I had felt like every time i was angry, something  bad would happen. A car would crash, someone would die, lights would go out.

Like i said, i'm a child of tragedy. Bad things always seem to find me, and i have no idea why. Maybe it's just bad luck.

Or maybe it's something else.

——-