Chapter 15 Meet the parents?

I wonder what happened? Or if i'm in trouble. Jason did say he would tell mom.. but, I didn't think he would really do it.

The distressed look on my face must've caught Kaleb's attention because he asks: "What's wrong? You look worried..."

"My mom wants me back home." I tell him

"Well you guys are free to go, just stop by the front desk for your sonogram pictures!" Stacie tells us

We collect the pictures and I schedule my next appointment date. After that, we head back to my house.

********************************************

As soon as I walk up to the door it swings open. "Where have you been?" My mother asks

"At my appointment..." I answer as I try to side step into the house

"With who?" She questions while blocking me from entering.

"No one!"

"Really? Because someone told me that you've been sneaking out with a boy named-what was his name? Kaleb?"

My eyes instantly went to Jason who was standing behind her. He put his hands up as if to say,"It wasn't me!"

Then who was it? I thought

It was like she read my mind, because the next thing she said answered my question.

"I called your friend Jessica to ask her if you were with her. She said no. I then asked her where you might be, and she told me that you've recently met a boy named Kaleb and dumped her to the side. So you guys aren't friends any more?"

"No! Yes! I mean I don't know!" I scrambled for the right words.

"Come on." My mother said while guiding me into the house and into the living room plopping me onto the couch.

She looked me in the eye and I instantly told her everything. I told her about Jessica, about Kaleb, about Bryce, about school. I spilled everything out to her.

"Oh, Honey." She said when I was all done and gave me a big hug.

"And Cass if he really means that much to you I guess its alright..." She tells me when we stop hugging

"Well can we at least meet the guy first before we say it's alright?" Jason asks, totally interrupting us.

"Yeah that would be a great idea!" My father said making me jump.

When did he get here? I thought to my self.

"Well I guess it's settled" my mom says

"What's settled?!" I asked frantically

"That we'll meet this Kaleb guy over dinner." My dad explained

I texted Kaleb about how my parents wanted to meet him over dinner tonight. His response to my text made it seem like he was really excited to meet my family.

********************************************

As Chase and I were setting the table the doorbell rang.

"He's here!" my mom says in a sing-song voice as she walks/ skips over to open the door. (She gets like this when we have guests over) Kaleb was standing in the doorway with a huge smile on his face and hands behind his back hiding something.

"Hello Mrs. Johnson!" He greets my mother "Hello to you too Kaleb" she says back. He pulls out a small bouquet of roses and hands them to my mother.

"Oh thank you!" 

"Come on in" she tells him.

"These flowers will make the perfect center piece." She tells him while walking him into the dining room where Chase and I are standing. And then goes off to find a vase.

"Ok lets get this over with!" I say to them. "Chase this is Kaleb. My...friend." "Kaleb this is Chase my little brother."

"Well nice to meet you Chase! "How old are you?" he says stooping down. 

"You don't have to stoop down, i'm not that small! Chase says.

"Oh man I'm sorry I guess it's a habit " Kaleb says with a chuckle.

"It's fine and to answer your question, I'm 13" Chase says and goes into the living room.

And that's when Jason appears with a shocked look on his face. "Cass you didn't tell me you were dating this Kaleb!" 

"We're not-"

"The whole time I was thinking of the other Caleb, ya know? The dropout?"

"So you know him already?" I ask

"Yeah I see him around, and we talk"

"Yeah! You're in my French class" Kaleb says

"Oh man did you see what Grayson did yesterday?" Jason asks.

I take it as my cue to slip away into the living room where Chase is sitting fumbling with the bottom of his shirt.

"Hey." I say as I sit down next to him.

"Hi." he says back.

"So what do you think of Kaleb?"

"He's ok..."

"Ok?"

"I mean he's cool and stuff..."

"Stuff?"

"Yes, Stuff!" He says with a laugh that soon caught on with me. We couldn't stop laughing until we were called for dinner even then we were still giggling!

Dinner was nice. Mom loves him and can't wait to meet his Mother. Dad approves, Jason kept trying to persuade Kaleb into trying out for the football team while Kaleb was trying to explain to Jason that he's more of a baseball fan, and Chase was quiet most of the time only talking to answer the questions that were asked.

Overall i'd say that everyone likes Kaleb.

At the end of dinner Kaleb pulled me outside and asked if I would like to be his girlfriend. And of course I said yes! I just hope everything will turn out ok...

I'm so sorry I got really busy over the summer break (It's almost finished for me! ) Sorry if the chapter is not all that you wanted it to be...I tried...