Chapter 7

Chapter 7

It was hot on her heels.

The tree branches clawed at her skin as she tried to get away from the animal. Gnarled roots threatened to trip her in its wake and drag her into the abyss. Everything around her seemed adamant in stopping her on the spot, and stopped her it did.

A green vine snaked around her ankle and pulled her to the ground. She tried desperately to get up but it held her to the earth.

Then without warning, the animal was on top of her. Its glistening canines shone under the moonlight before it sank into her skin, causing pain to erupt throughout her body.

Adrianna screamed and bolted upright on the bed. Her chest rose and fell rapidly as she peered around the dim room. Everything appeared to be utterly still and out of the ordinary.

It was just a nightmare-a nightmare that seemed all too real.

Just as she started to calm down, the door to the room suddenly flung wide open, making her jump. Bright light immediately flooded the room, causing her to wince and cover her eyes with her hands. It took her a couple of seconds before her eyes readjusted to the change in lightening.

"What the heck was that for?" muttered Adrianna while she removed her hands away from her eyes and glanced towards the person standing at the door way.

When her eyes met the person's chilling blue ones, she immediately froze on the spot.

In Adrianna's drowsy state, she stared at him suspiciously. "What are you doing in my room and how the hell did you get into my house?" she demanded. "I swear you have three seconds to reply or else I am calling the cops."

The dark haired boy tilted his head back and laughed humorously at her question. When he looked back at her, his gaze was thunderous. "Sweetheart..."he drawled, "Is that really anyway to talk to a person who had saved your life and treated your wounds?" he growled while stalking towards her. "I wouldn't be so impolite if I were you, especially not when you are currently residing in my home, staying in my room, and sleeping in my bed. So do correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that you are in no position to threaten me."

Adrianna's jaw dropped and her heart started to race in panic. It was impossible. There was no absolute way that she was in this creep's home, sleeping in his bed. But when she glanced around the plainly decorated room, her stomach dropped. This was definitely not her bedroom.

The room she was in was sparsely furnished and had only the most basic of furniture. Besides the bed she was sitting on, the few other fixtures consisted of a nightstand, a wooden table and a black chair. The most unsettling thing about it was that the walls were completely blank and the room was devoid of any personal possessions. There was nothing there that told her anything about the mysterious boy.

Try as Adrianna might, there was no denying the fact that she was not in her own room. That meant that she hadn't been dreaming at all about the animal chasing her. It was real.

When Adrianna looked down at her bandaged arms, she swore. "Shit this can't be happening!" she muttered. This only confirmed everything the boy said to be true. She glanced at the alarm clock sitting on the dresser and immediately stood up when she saw the time. It was nearly six in the morning. "Shit, shit, shit! My parents are going to kill me! Where's my phone?" she demanded in panic. Her parents were probably worried sick. She was going to be screwed. There was no way she could lie her way out of this one.

Adrianna's head spun as she took a step forward. Every part of her body burned in pain while she moved. Her knees would have buckled underneath her if it weren't for the wall next to her to keep her steady. Just when she was about to take another step forward, the dark haired boy stepped into her direct path.