33

*****

*Izabella*

I stretched as Julie watched me with hawk eyes like I was gonna try to run or something. They had finally dropped the paralysis spell and I was all too happy to be able to move, the only downside was that my wolf desperately wanted us to shift. I was literally fighting to control her because if I shifted, I had no doubt the deal would be off and I would be back on that bed, paralysed before I could even blink.

"Is this who you wanted?" I looked up to see Edgar with a sleeping Clara in his arms.

"Clara -" her eyes opened when I spoke and I attempted to walk to her but Klay's hand on my arm stopped me as Edgar stepped back.

"Izzy?" Clara smiled weakly, my heart dropped at how sick she looked and sounded.

"Nu-uh, Izabella. You don't get to touch her until you've done your part." Edgar said pushing strands of Clara's blond hair from her face.

"Fine." I glared at him. "When?" I asked.

"They're not back yet, I suggest you practice first, wouldn't want to do it wrong," Edgar said.

"I don't have to practice," I mumbled turning to Klay, "Get me a cup of grape juice, without ice," I said looking into his eyes. He left and I smirked.

I turned back to Edgar and he frowned. "If I so much as see you try that on one of us again, I'll kill her." He said referring to Clara.

"Just showing you I don't need to practice, leave her alone," I said as Klay walked back in with a black cup filled with dark purple juice. I took it from his smiling, "Thank you, doc." I said.

He looked at me confused as he nodded. "So... He doesn't know why you're saying 'thank you'?" Julie asked.

I shrugged.

"I haven't really done this before," I said.

Julie and Edgar sighed.

"What are you all talking about?" Klay asked.

"It seems to work fine," Julie mumbled. I drank some of the juice slowly before I held it out to her, she stared at me weirdly.

"It's not for you, it's for her," I said, she rolled her eyes as she took it from me and attempted to feed it to Clara, who refused to drink it because her head hurt. "Drink some, Clara," I said, she nodded before slowly lifting her hands and drinking the juice.

"Wait -" Edgar shoved the cup away, it ended up smashing to the floor, already empty and I smirked. He glared at me.

I had bit my lip when I was drinking, and allowed it to heal (which was why I had drank so slowly) but before it did, a few drops dripped into the juice and Clara had drank it. I smiled as her eyes lit up slowly and she didn't look as pale and sick anymore.

"That trick will be your first and last." Edgar said, "I won't hesitate to kill her now, Izabella. You do what you have to, and you'll see her afterwards." He handed Clara to Julie who vanished leaving only smoke where she stood. I frowned glaring at the place where Julie had stood as the smoke disappeared. Every time they moved Travellers polluted the air...

"Where did you take her?" I glared at Edgar, he smirked.

"Like I said, do what you're supposed to and no harm will come to her." He said.

-----

"Edgar!" Someone shouted as the door opened, "Where the hell is that pesty Traveller?" I heard the werewolf mutter as the front door closed while I made my way downstairs.

"Edgar's not here," I said hopping down the last stair, this was a regular two-story house, but we were out of the forest, that much I knew.

The wolf's eyes narrowed as his eyes met mine.

"What are you doing out of the room? How did you get out of -?" He was saying.

"Where are the rest of these hidden?" I looked into his eyes as I lifted the box in my hand. I would have checked what was in it and used it against them if Edgar wasn't upstairs threatening to murder Clara.

"There's a panel beneath the kitchen floor and a house on the other side of town." He said.

"Is there anyone there right now?" I asked.

"Yes." He said looking behind me. I glanced behind me hearing footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Ignore them. Link to the people there and tell them there's an emergency here." I said.

"Okay. What emergency?" He asked.

"You're about to get killed," Edgar said, I glanced at him and then back to the wolf.

"What he said," I said, the wolf nodded.

"What now?" He asked.

"You die." Edgar grabbed his shoulder.

I grimaced as he suddenly went up in flames. I covered my ears because his ear-piercing screams made my ears feel like they were going to start bleeding. I stepped back as the man fell onto the floor still burning.

"Let's go," Edgar said, Klay nodded.

"Maybe we should put him out of his misery?" Another Traveller, who I have yet to learn the name of, said as she walked in.

The wolf wasn't dead, and I knew he was just going to continue burning. His body would heal and then burn again. I couldn't look at it, of course, I had seen people's hearts ripped from their chests but this was brutal, that killed you quickly, this didn't and I almost felt sorry for the wolf. Almost. When Joe said an unknown kind of wolf killed my birth parents, I would guess that it was them. So part of me was actually delighted to hear his deafening, pain-filled screams.

"Would you hurry up and decide before they get here?" I asked.

Edgar rolled his eyes and stepped over the wolf and opened the front door, I squinted at the sudden sunlight not having seen that in a few days, just the dim light upstairs. I walked around the wolf, through my hands which still covered my ears, I could hear the wolf pleading for us to kill him. I couldn't take it.

I turned and swiftly kicked his head from his body, his screams instantly silenced.

"Hard to believe you've been the daughter of two Alphas and the niece of another when you're so soft," Edgar said from outside.

I ignored him as I walked by him hearing the new Traveller mumble something like 'that was soft?' as she looked at the wolf's beheaded body before following us out.

*****