TEN: RELEASED

MILES

It's been a week since I was admitted to the hospital. Thank God I'm leaving. The doctor said I'm not 100% yet, but if I take my meds and get proper rest I will be 100 in no time. I wonder how long do I have to use these crutches? I hope not long. I got shit to do.

My friends and family have been here everyday to check up on me. Derrick has been acting like a guard dog. He's become very protective of me. He promised he's gonna get that under control.

The doctor also prescribed me some meds to control the shaking. I know it's my nerves. I'm shook up about what happened. I don't want my friends and family to see me like that. I don't want them to worry, even though they already are worried.

My parents signed the release papers and we were on our way.

When we got home G, D, Milan, Marissa, Sean, Damion, Keldric, and Troy were all sitting in my living room.

MILAN: YOU'RE STARTING TO LOOK LIKE YOURSELF AGAIN.

MILES: THANK GOD MY FACE HEALED.

Milan walked me all the way to the couch.

I sat down and he took the crutches and sat hem in the corner.

MILES: WHERE'S DERRICK?

Derrick came out the kitchen eating a hamburger.

DERRICK: WHY YOU LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT? ALL THAT WAITING MADE ME HUNGRY.

MILES: I THOUGHT THAT WAS TROY'S JOB TO EAT PEOPLE OUT OF HOUSE AND HOME.

TROY: WHEN I'M HUNGRY IMMA EAT. BUT I DON'T EAT EVERYBODY'S COOKING.

KELDRIC: I'M SURPRISED. TO BE A LITTLE NIGGA YOU EAT LIKE A FUCKING HOG.

TROY: I CAN'T HELP IT.

MARISSA: I LIKE YOU JUST THE WAY YOU ARE TROY. FORGET WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT.

TROY: THANKS BABE.

MILES: SO YOU TWO HAVE MADE IT OFFICIAL?

MARISSA: SOMETHING LIKE THAT. WHY NOT? OUR FEELINGS ARE TOO STRONG TO IGNORE WHAT'S HAPPENING BETWEEN US.

MILES: I'M HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS. TROY PLEASE TREAT HER RIGHT. YOU'LL ONLY GET ONE CHANCE WITH HER.

TROY: YOU DON'T HAVE TO TELL ME TWICE.

KELDRIC: SO WHERE DO YOU AND DERRICK STAND?

DERRICK: KEL!!!!!

KELDRIC: WE ALL HAVE BEEN WAITING TO HEAR THIS SINCE THAT KISSING SESSION IN MILES' HOSPITAL ROOM. I THINK YOU GUYS HAVE KEPT US IN SUSPENSE FOR LONG ENOUGH.

GARRETT: I KNOW I WANNA KNOW.

DYLAN: YOU'RE NOSEY THAT'S WHY.