Chapter 19

Sara walked downstairs touching her lips, she couldn't believe that she had allowed Fabian King to kiss her!

His kiss. Now I know what is feels like to kiss Fabian King, Sara said to herself as she sat down for dinner.

" Ma'am you are not going to chase that woman out of here?", Maria asked looking at Sara with a weird look.

" Sorry Maria ,Fabian is the only one who can speak to her kind", Sara answered as she ate her dinner.

She sat there dreamily as she put her hands to her lips again. They were still burning from his kisses, so soft and sensual, he was so gentle with her.

Step out of it Sara! Incase you have forgotten he is upstairs with another woman, she said to herself as she looked upstairs towards the bedroom thinking what could they possibly be doing. She couldn't believe the thought of Farrah in the bedroom alone with Fabian was eating her up inside, she needed a distraction as she got up and took her plate to the kitchen.

" Ma'am please it's my job to do that",Maria said when she walked in with her plate .

" It's ok Maria, you are tired as well ! I will be sleeping in the stable tonight.I need to keep an eye on Gabriel", Sara said as she walked back to the sitting room.

" The stable Ma'am?", Maria asked walking behind her wiping her hands on her apron.

If only you knew I spent half  the night in that place last night, Sara thought.

" That's my job... a vet's life Maria", Sara said as she grabbed her boots and her blanket , she took a glimpse of the closed door to his bedroom and made her way outside quickly .

Fabian came down the stairs , Farrah held him by the waist as if she was helping him. Fabian was feeling better and he preferred to come downstairs than to stay in the bedroom with Farrah. Specially after what happened between him and Sara. He sat down in the sitting area and he spoke softly to Farrah and then she kissed him on the forehead and left. Maria was there standing and looking at her as she left.

" Sir, though it's none of my business but how could you allow that woman into your bedroom when your wife was there?",Maria said with a tone as if she was reprimanding Fabian.

" Maria please ....", Fabian said and gave her a look that made her held up her hands up indicating she's minding her own business and told him that she  will not ask him anymore questions.

Fabian looked around the room for Sara , " And where is Sara?", he asked .

" The Ma'am said she will be staying with Gabriel tonight!", Maria said.

" What?!", Fabian exclaimed.

" Yeah my thought exactly, she said that it was a " vet's life", Maria answered repeating Sara's words.
Fabian told her to get his coat as he wanted to see Gabriel.

" Sir it is a bit chilly outside maybe you should stay in", Maria advised  him but he didn't want to hear that as she helped him with his coat.

" Maria bring us some hot chocolate  ", Fabian said and Maria nodded as she smiled and made her way towards the kitchen.

" Well at least he will be spending some time with his wife", Maria said smiling as she walked inside the kitchen.

Fabian entered the stable and noticed the light was on in the largest stall , he thought that this was where Sara asked the workers to put Gabriel since it was more spacious.He walked towards the stall and saw Sara bending over Gabriel checking his wound.

"Good boy , no more bleeding!", Sara said to Gabriel who was lying there sleeping.

" One last injection for today and you will sleep through the night big boy", Sara said patting Gabriel's head.

" Well I was about to sleep through the night myself, but I was disturbed ?", Fabian said and he startled Sara.

" Shh.. no noise!", Sara said as she checked the horse.

" Don't disturb him, the sound of your voice might agitate him and I will have to give him more shots for him to sleep", Sara whispered.

" Then Let's go sit outside", Fabian whispered back .
Sara walked outside the stall and asked him quietly to follow her.

" Fabian you are hurt you should be in bed", Sara scolded him.

" I wanted to see Gabriel", Fabian answered as Maria came towards them with two cups on a tray and another blanket.

" I thought you might need an extra one Sir", Maria said as she handed the blanket  to Sara.

" I asked her to make some hot chocolate for us", Fabian said as he handed her  a cup.

Sara  hurried to take her cup thanking Maria who left them alone .

" Thank you", She said to Fabian with a smile  , she loved the smell of hot chocolate specially on a chilly night .

Fabian smiled when he saw her closing her eyes to inhale the smell of  the hot chocolate.

" Maria makes the best hot chocolate. I can vouch for that!", Fabian said with a smile as he took a sip from his cup.

Sara opened her eyes and looked at him,
"It surely smells nice!", Sara said as she took a sip.
" Oh my it is surely delicious!I have to agree with you only missing marshmallows", Sara said with a smile a she  drank  some more.

So she likes hot chocolate with marshmallows, Fabian said to himself as he learned something else about his wife.

She looked at Fabian and she saw him approaching her,

Oh no!,she said to herself.

Fabian lifted his hand and softly with a fingertip he removed some hot chocolate that was close to her lips. He then put it in his mouth and Sara felt her body shivered.

" Can't waste it", he whispered as he walked back inside the stable.

" But that man is stubborn!", Sara softly  said as he followed him. He should be heading back inside the house instead he was walking back inside the stable.Fabian put his cup on a pile of hay that was inside the stable . He walked in the stall were Gabriel was and sat down on the blanket that Sara had laid out on  the floor for herself.Sara followed him and whispered to him to go back inside.

" I will stay with him too", Fabian whispered back as Sara put the other blanket on the floor opposite his Gabriel separated them.

" Then get some sleep Fabian", Sara whispered.

" Why don't you come here next to me?", Fabian asked her softly, " that way you can keep an eye on me too", Fabian whispered flirtatiously and Sara looked at him,
Is he flirting with me?Sara asked herself as she felt her cheeks flaming up.

" No! I....I can accidentally hurt you when I'm sleeping", Sara said ,thinking fast of an excuse not to be next to him.

" Come on Sara , you don't move a muscle when you are sleeping", Fabian said ,
" maybe you are scared of me!?", Fabian whispered mockingly.

" Scared of you ?!why should  I be scared of  Fabian King?", Sara asked him as she knelt down to look at him over Gabriel.

She slowly got up ,  walked around Gabriel and put her blanket down next to Fabian's. As she bent to fix her blanket , he grabbed her by the waist and turned her around, she fell on him .

" Fabian I could have hurt you!", Sara said making sure she didn't hit his wounded arm.

" Sara my arm doesn't hurt as much as the need of wanting to do this", he said as he kissed her this time his kiss was more demanding and passionate.