two

It was just like any other day. I was working in the comic book store with my brothers while our parents slept next to the tv due to the amount of drugs they took.
They were only a few people looking around so Edgar, Alan and I were putting comics back into the shelves.

I begin to get very bored doing this so give the rest of my comics to Alan to put away as I see a man with a handful of comics in his hand at the counter. I walk around the counter giving a lazy smile to the man. Once I had dealt with the man, I stay behind the counter with my elbows leaning on the glass cabinet in front of me and my chin leaning into my pale palm.

My attention is now drawn to a young boy, around my brothers' age, who walked through the door wearing a long colourful trench coat, glancing at everyone around the store in amazement. I also notice my brothers' attention is on him.

The blonde boy began to wonder around the store with both Frog brothers following him with questionable glares.

I roll my eyes and stroll towards Edgar as he leans around a shelve to stare at the peculiar boy. "Leave him alone, it's just fashion, something you wouldn't know about," I said to my little brother who was wearing a red checkered flannel and a red bandana. No sense of fashion.

I turn my attention back to the blonde boy to see him smirking while looking at a comic, obviously hearing me. "We're just scoping his civilian wardrobe," Edgar countered.

The blonde boy looked up and began smiling. He did a turn, the trench coat flowing behind him, "pretty cool, right?"

"For a fashion victim," Alan said in a monotone voice while stepping forward.

I roll my eyes and ruffle Alan's hair and rest my elbow on Edgar's shoulder. "Forget about them, they weren't graced with the power of fashion like you and I, what can I help you with?"

The boy in front smiles while my brothers gently shove me in the sides with scoffs.

"I'm looking for Batman no. 14."

My brothers share a shocked glance before I walk away to the Batman section, with the blonde follows.

"That's a very serious book, man" Edgar started. "Only five in existence." Alan finished.

"Four actually. I'm looking out for the other three." The boy said. He looks at the Superman stand and noticed how careless we placed the began criticising the placement.

The blonde boy introduces himself as Sam Emerson.

"Hi, I'm Ziggy. This is Alan and Edgar. We are the Frogs."

Edgar picked up a comic and handed him a comic with vampires on the front. "Take this."

"I don't like horror comics." Sam said.

"You'll like this one. It might save your life." Edgar persuaded.

I roll my eyes at my brothers and notice a group of drunk adults loitering around the front of the store staring at the comics. I slap Alan's chest, not taking my eyes off of the group. When I get Alan's attention, I point to the group.

Two or three men of the group lurch forward and grab a messy handful of comics each.

"Hey! Get back here!" I shout as I run after them with my brothers following closely after me. "See ya, Sam!" I shout over my shoulder.