Warlocks And Special Powers

|15|

"Are you sure about this?" Olivia asks once again. She has been asking me the same question over and over again. I need to ask Ronald why he was on my dream last night. I don't know if he has the answer or not, but he might know something.

"Some ghosts just don't get it, we have to get going before Madam Camilla comes and kicks all of us out." Rachael says, directly pointing at Olivia. "Some people do actions without giving it a proper thought which leads them to uncontrollable situations." Olivia says quietly. I feel tremendously amused whenever I'm with Olivia and Rachael both at the same time; it's entertaining to watch them argue.

Though my amusment is going to fade anytime now. I just feel something horrible is going to happen.

"Shut up if you don't want my powers to leak." Rachael says to Olivia and Olivia simply ignores her threat.

We stop in front of the thin wooden door. Chills go down my spine as Olivia turns the doorknob, opening the door. "I'm staying here. I don't want meet that discourteous boy." Rachael says and leans against the wall.

"Okay but try to hide if anyone comes, okay?" I say. Rachael doesn't look at me or reply. I take Olivia's hand and go inside. It was the same as before, except for there was a rusty smell, probably of blood. The grayish color of the walls were darker and the well looked more daunting than usual.

Olivia steps forward and looks down the well. "He's not here. Where can he be?" she asks. I take a step forward and look down. There were black strings and white cloths everywhere, covered with dried blood.

"Maybe we should just go." Olivia says, "Ruth. You can always tell me, you know? What's wrong?" she asks. I shrug and grab her outside.

"Done talking? How come you guys–,"

"Ronald is not inside. We need to tell Olivia about the dream. Let's go somewhere safer; people will gather here any minute now, class is almost over." I say and Rachael nods. We follow Olivia to my room , or prison, a more likely name for it.

It was the same, dirty and small. Prison-like.

"I still can't believe you stayed here!" Rachael says, making a disgusted face. "It's a really old orphanage, you can't expect anything more." Olivia says and Rachael stares at her defiantly.

I take a deep breath and tell her everything about my nightmare, Rachael's nightmare, Richard, David and everything else that has been happening for the past couple of days.

"Your parents didn't die in a car accident. Why didn't your mom tell you when you met them?" Olivia mutters to herself, trying to figure it out.

"Wait, so you talked to a downworlder? A vampire? Werewolf? What kind of Downworlder? Was he scary looking?" Rachael asks, excitedly. 

"He said he was my kind." I say. "He was lying. He is something different." Olivia says, looking at the ground, trying her best to remember anything from the day she saved me from Richard.

"It burned when he touched Ruth... why would it burn?" she mutters to herself, her gaze fixed to the ground. "She's so weird." Rachael whispers in my ear and I ignore her.

Myself and Rachael were almost falling asleep on the thin mattress. "I got it!" Olivia says happily and we jump up in a standing position. "I think he's a warlock. Not sure." She says.

"It would've taken me two seconds to think, Olivia! I think he's a Barbie Doll, I'm not so sure." Rachael says scornfully and Olivia waves her sarcasm off.

"You're not helping at all, Rachael. Now keep quiet." I say and she rolls her eyes. Olivia smiles for a bit and then begins, "I'll have to ask David but he's just so mislaid nowadays. I don't know why it burned but he had very cat-like eyes. Ghosts don't have bright eyes like that." 

As for me, I didn't comprehend a lot. "What is a warlock?" I ask and Rachael laughs. "You don't know what a warlock is! Hahaha!" she starts laughing and Olivia shows me a supportive smile. "You're too hyper today, Rachael." I say.

"Warlocks are half-human, half-demon. When a demon takes the shape of a man and marries a woman, their child will be known as a warlock. They stop aging at a certain time and are not serious at all. They are very mature and wise, also very sly. Some have cat-like eyes, I've come across another warlock with goat legs, and other significant things that are very unlikely in your world." She says.

"How powerful are they?" I ask.

"Some don't know they're warlocks, some have powerful power when fully-grown and others are very human-like except for they can predict things and see supernatural creatures, no matter how much normal they seem to be, the downworld will always be connected to theirs in a way." She finishes.

"And warlocks cannot have children." Rachael adds. "How do you know all of this?" I ask her and she shrugs. "Well, I have... other friends. I'm not a loner like you. And besides, there's something called the internet right now, something you're not aware of because you have a tendency to stick with old, boring ghosts who know nothing about our generation." She says and I roll my eyes.

Sometimes she can get really sarcastic.

"You have warlock friends?" I ask. "Can you please shut your mouth?" Rachael scorns. "I'm worried. What if Richard is one of those powerful warlocks?" Olivia asks.

"Are we supposed to worry? Why do we care?" Rachael asks, a speck of seriousness in her voice.

"We have to take smart moves because Richard was interested in Ruth. He wanted something from her." Olivia says. A shiver goes through my spine as I hear that. It's not fairly safe for the Daileys to live with me. I don't want any of them getting hurt because of me.

"What can he possibly want from me?" I ask. My question makes Olivia and Rachael think deeply. This time, Rachael was muttering too.

How come I never get the bright ideas?

"I think he wants to possess all of Ruth's powers." Rachael says and Olivia nods.

"Yes, but I don't think he would only want to see ghosts because he can already do that, right?" Olivia says.

"So what do you think, smarty-pants?" Rachael snaps.

"What I think is Ruth has some other power. Something we don't know of."

Please no.

//

A/N: First of all, I'm so sorry I haven't been updating regularly. I'm so so so so sorry. So now, I promise I will update Olivia once every week (or even more if I have so many creative juices flowing through my bloodstream). This is completely unedited so feel free to correct my mistakes. Olivia has almost reached 3000 reads so let's get this going ,okay? I really appreciate your support. :) Don't forget to vote and comment!

Oh and take at least a minute or two to admire the cover because I did.

I hope you have a great day!!

Sarah xx