7

THE SEVENTH CHAPTER ;
________________________

That morning when I woke up I didn't feel any better

That morning when I woke up I didn't feel any better. I mean, I wasn't as clueless and groggy, but I still felt like garbage. My headache was still there. But, most of what happened was coming back to me.

I also felt something deep within me. At the exact time I didn't know what it was, but now I do. I was already feeling my deep rooted hatred, for those Socials, growing. After what they had done to me.

I had woke up around noon, and when I realized I was alone I felt kind of uneasy. Where were they, I thought.

It took me a few moments to finally come up with something to put my mind at ease. Ponyboy was at school. I know Darry makes him go no matter what, because he told me so.
Sodapop was probably just out, or possibly he's at work. I don't personally know his schedule. I knew Darry had to of been at work. From what I've seen and been told that's all the poor ol' guy does. As for the rest of the gang—I don't know. Two-Bit perhaps could be at school. Steve most likely with Sodapop.
As for Dallas..I don't know. I don't really care neither, I don't guess.

I knew that I should get up. As much as I didn't want to, or feel like, I needed to. My aunt will probably skin me when I get home. Might as well get it done and over with..

I can hear her now yelling at me. Sayin' I oughta be in school or whatever. That I shouldn't be hangin' out with hoods.

I really hesitated leaving. The house is only about a five minute walk away, but it'll feel like an eternity, I know, because I'll be having to watch my own back. When you're scared time goes by real slow.

I walked outside slowly. I had to squint my eyes to adjust to the bright sunlight beating down which was kinda annoying me. It didn't make my head feel any better, either.

I walked as quick and briskly as I could without running. I knew if Two-Bit saw me I'd hear it. I mean he warned me before, and look what happened to me.

It was almost like I was walking in a daze. I couldn't focus properly. I'm sure people probably thought I was a staggering drunk. This concussion sure was somethin', huh? Glory.

Suddenly, I hear loud footsteps behind me. Like stomps, almost. I spin around quickly, my hands squeezed into tight fists. My mind began to swarm once again, but it hurt to even think. I don't know how else to explain it.

I see four guys. All of them, slick and mean looking. Well dressed, though, and just plain scary. It didn't take me long to realize who it was. It was the same daggon ones. The Socials. They're back, on Greaser territory, for more. They're not done with me.

"You know, it's a shame what happened to your mom." One of them smiled at me. It was a sick smile. I don't know if it was that making me sick to my stomach or the headache. They seemed to have came out of nowhere. I'm so close to home, too. Why does it have to be me?