2

THE SECOND CHAPTER ;

______________________

"If you hate me now why do you keep bothering me?"

Two-Bit has practically followed me around all day. He's been bugging the livin' day lights out of me.

He smirked, as he followed me out of the school. "I never said I hated ya, Soc."

I can't tell if he's joking around with me at this point or not. "I thought all Greasers hated Soc's?" I rolled my eyes.

"So you admit it!" He laughed triumphantly.

"N-No!" I sigh quickly, "I jus–"

"Oh, no. You done admitted to it now!" Two laughed, shaking his head. "Crazy girl."

"I ain't crazy. And I ain't a Soc." I begin to walk faster. He can't take the hint, obviously, because he keeps up with me.

"Where ya headed?"

"It doesn't matter."

"You know, your little attitude isn't helpin'." He smirked at me, as he lit up a cigarette.

"Could you quit smirking at me?" I furrow my eyebrows, glaring up at him.

He simply kept smirking at me and popped up his collar.

"You want one?" He held out his pack of cigarettes.

God, they were the good and not cheap ones.

I hesitated slightly. He was probably gonna pull his hand away if I reached for one.

"Go ahead." Two laughed, "I ain't that mean." I guess he had read my mind.

I slowly take one, and he hands me a light. "Th-Thank you."

"Yeah, yeah." He gave me a small smile underneath that stupid smirk.

I sigh as I look down at the ground. I had began walking in the direction of the neighborhood.

"I guess you ain't really a Soc if you live on this side.." He said quietly. Then it was completely silent, and the mixture of our cigarette smoke collided as we walked.

Two-Bit, of course, eventually broke the silence. "How was Hollywood?"

I glanced at him, prepared to just roll my eyes. But, his face was serious for once. Maybe he was done playing around.

"Awful." I mutter the simple word, before closing my mouth and blowing cigarette smoke out of my nose.

"Glory, that bad?" Two-Bit chuckled, doing the same.

"Yeah. I-I don't really wanna talk about it, alright?" I sigh again, looking down at the ground.

I hear the faint sound of an engine in the distance. I didn't think much of it then.

"Well, good. Because we better get a move on." Two-Bit grabbed my arm. It honestly scared me at first.

"H-Hey let–" He shushed me, before nodding his head in the direction of the sound.

I look over to see a Mustang driving chillingly slow in our direction. "Soc's." He stomped his cigarette out, "This is our daggon territory."

I felt kind of confused. "What?"

He gave me a sort of a smile. "The Soc's think it's a big game. A big ol' group of about five of 'em, will jump ya in broad daylight. They don't care." He shook his head, "They'll never get in trouble with the fuzz for it either, like we would."

The Mustang stopped in front of us, and Two shoved me kind of behind him.

I guess he was just joking around with the whole hate-me act, or he wouldn't be protecting me like this, right? I was still super confused though. Were..Were they gonna jump us?

A tall blonde boy stepped out of the car first. He wore very nice clothes, a Madras shirt, I can remember so vividly. The others were well dressed, too. They all had kind of sickening smile's on their faces.

"What are you doin' here?" Two-Bit shoved his thumbs into his belt loops. "You know a lot of our houses are right down that street?" He nodded down the street.

The tall boy scoffed. "There's four of us, one of you." He looked at me, "And one little girl."

Little girl? That alone made me mad. Real mad. But I was too scared now to do anything about it. I was practically shaking.

"Alright." Two-Bit shook his head, shoving my arm out of his hand. He seemed kind of worked up, but madder than ever.

Next thing I know he's yankin' a blade out of his pocket, holding it up in front of him. "Run along now, and no one gets hurt."

The boy in the Madras put his hands up defense quickly, smirking. "Oh, whatever." He shook his head, waving his hand away.

"Yeah, whatever!" Two-Bit yelled, making me jump, "Get outta here!"

The boys piled back into their car. The blonde one threw a cup of, what looked like Coke, out the window and Two-Bit just barely dodged.

He smirked at us. "See ya later, greaser!"