Chapter 1

Chapter 1

The door flew open as Michael Sims, the new head of MI7, stormed into Johnny English’s office. He stopped at the old pair of shoes lying flat on the floor. He looked down at them, frowned, and then looked back up. Michael focused his glare on the back of Johnny’s chair, “English, you have a mission. Agent Ellen Guinea has gone missing.”

Johnny jumped, and then slowly turned around in his chair, placing his feet on the desk, yawning, “Ahh. So she needs me now then does she?” He smirked, “I don’t want to know, she deserves to be missing.”

Michael shook his head, ignoring Johnny’s comment. “Ellen has been missing for more than a week now, and we think it could be to do with her recent undercover work. This is bad, very bad. She has classified information on her.”

Johnny nodded, “So what exactly do you want me to do about it?" He inquired suspiciously. "I wasn't invited to be a part of that work, was I? I was told that I'd most definitely mess everything up.”

“Well you most definitely would. But..." Michael stuttered, but was cut off by the door suddenly swinging open again. Bough stumbled in. Not noticing the old pair of shoes lying on the floor, he lost all balance and fell over the shoes straight to the floor with a thump.

“Sir!” Bough shouted while getting up from the floor, “News! I’ve got some news!” He bellowed with a massive grin of his face.

Johnny and Michael both turned to look at the unsurprisingly happy Bough.

“And what is this good news?”  Michael questioned.

Bough smiled, “I’ve managed to track some of Ellen’s family and friends, and the last time she was seen was last Wednesday at around 3:15pm. Her close friend saw her walking along the street at that time.”

Johnny just frowned, “And how would that help us in any way? We already know she’s been gone for a week Bough. Well done for solving nothing.”

“But I thought Sir…” Bough began with a disapointed look.

“Right, just get to work, now. I need Ellen found before hell breaks out.” Michael interupted, and then hesitantly walked out.

Bough and Johnny watched him leave, and then made eye contact again. Johnny shrugged, “I can't believe it. I don’t want to do this. She was horrible to me.” He spun on his chair, “I mean can you believe what she said about me? It wasn’t even true!”

Bough shook his head, “You’ve got to forget about what she said about you, after all, this could change everything. If she needs help, and you help her, I’m sure she wouldn’t think you’re an idiot anymore.” Bough said, and then winked at Johnny.

"Mmm, I guess that's a point Bough." Johnny grinned, thinking about it for a while. "Right, we're going to find this Ellen."

"That's right Sir." Bough nodded, "You know Jessica? She was quite close to Ellen, perhaps I could meet up with her later? See what's been happening with Ellen recently? Maybe she's had an argument with someone or something."

"Yes, good idea Bough. That would certainly be a start. Did she have a boyfriend?" Johnny asked, although he doubted very much that she did.

"I have no idea, I'll find out Sir." Bough replied, walking back out the door.

Johnny nodded before looking at his watch, and then turned the chair back around.

 The door slowly opened again.

"Did you want me to find Jessica now Sir?” Bough asked.

Johnny sighed, "What do you think?"

"I don't know Sir, that's why I just asked."

Johnny tutted, turning the chair back around, “Go find Sims, tell him that we need Jessica, and then we need Ellen's address.” He said, and then stood up straight.

“Oh, yes Sir!” Bough nodded enthusiastically before leaving again.

“Mmm.” Johnny mumbled, and then took a step forward to look out of the window. He felt a sharp electric shock in his foot as he stepped on something, a brick shaped object. Johnny yelped while lifting his foot up.

The door swung open once again, “Sir! Are you okay Sir?” A discombobulated Bough asked.

Johnny looked up, “For God’s sake Bough, just go! Stop faffing!”

Bough looked down at what Johnny had stepped on, “You just stepped on the brand new super electro shock wave secret book Sir!”

“I knew that Bough. Why does it have to look like a book? Why can’t it just be a gun or something?” Johnny asked rhetorically, shaking his head.

 Bough slowly nodded, “But then it wouldn’t be in disguise, Sir. Why did you leave it on the floor? How do you move it without getting the shock?”

“I don’t know.” Johnny replied, sitting back down on his chair. He scowled at the ‘disguised electro shock wave’ book. “Go find Sims Bough.” He muttered.

Bough nodded, “I’ll get some sticks to move the book too Sir.” He said while walking back out, gently closing the door behind.