Final Authors Note and Trilogy + Short Story Information.

Final Author's Note.

Wow.

I just wrote a book.

Sorry, I just needed to get that off my chest. This was the first book I posted on this account and it's the first book I've ever finished. This is almost kind of surreal, considering I always thought of how it would end and picturing all the scenes that I wanted to happen and now it's written and there. I really want to thank everyone that has read this book, commented on it, and voted. I truly do appreciate it more than I can put into words. Even if you read one chapter or all the chapters or just a few, I appreciate and thank you for giving it a chance. I even love you silent readers out there.

Now, this journey sure hasn't been easy with this story. This book came very close to one that wasn't. When I posted the first chapter, I literally had no ideas of where this was going to go. I had watched the walking dead and wrote something inspired from it. There wasn't a plan to keep going with it. In fact, the idea's just came as I wrote, and I count myself very lucky that I managed to come up with an actual plot (which didn't happen until Lucy and the baby came into play in the middle of the book) instead of writing myself into a dark, deep grave. I'm pretty sure my subconscious had the idea locked up though, because everything I did lead up to the amazing, gripping plot that will unfold. But adding to the fun fact that I got through half of this book without a plot is that the group in the cafeteria was originally supposed to be made up of a woman from off the street, an old couple, and an old doctor guy. Another fun fact is that Lucy and Walter weren't even in the book until I decided to make it longer, because the group was supposed to leave the hospital by chapter ten. 

But this book goes deeper than just a plot. These characters hold so much meaning to me and I have grown with them as they have grown. Craig was the embodiment of a band that saved my life called My Chemical Romance. I was like Lease, depending on Craig to be the one that saved me and made things better. That's how I viewed MCR and their music, and once they died, a part of me died as well. I felt lost, like I was abandoned, similar to how Lease felt with Craig. But then, just as Lease realized, no one else could save me but myself. We are the ones that hold the instrument to our own personal pain and the cure. And after months of being in denial, I realized that My Chemical Romance was just preparing and helping me for the day that I realized that. This book was about Lease discovering her inner-strength, and with her story, I hope that those who read will learn from her. Everyone can be strong and have inner-strength, it's just a matter of wanting to have it. And sometimes, a part of you or even all of you might have to die to obtain that strength. But once you have it, hang on to it, because if you could learn anything from Lease's story, life is a bumpy ride with unexpected twists, turns, and even flips (*evil laugh* see what I did there?). You won't know what's going to happen next, you just have to hold on for the ride.

As important as Craig and Lease were, they weren't the only characters that held meaning to me. The baby, Mary Ann, is named after the great aunt I never had. She was my grandpa's little sister, who died from sickness when she was just a small child. This book is dedicated to her, the readers( which if you noticed, I dedicated chapter one to 'The' and chapter thirty-five to 'Readers), my mom, who is the reason I'm here, my grandma, who taught me to read, and my grandpa, who was taught me to love books and encouraged me to keep writing.

And I did keep writing. And now, as bittersweet as it may be, this book is over.

And after all the authors notes I've posted along the way, I leave you with the message of this book: Be stronger than your demons.

~Ash<3

~+~ 

Trilogy + Short Story information.

If you read the author's note, I give you props and thank you. But I know what you all are wondering after that killer cliff hangar ending- what's next?

Well, that's a good question. 

However, it may have to go unanswered for a while.

Through my horrible power outage a few weeks ago, I sat with a flashlight in my mouth, a composition notebook on my lap, with a pen in hand at 3 in the morning and planned out the whole thing. So far, I have to say that if you enjoyed this book, then just wait for the next one. There's so much crazy stuff that's in store. And all I can tell you about the third book is that I've come up with an ending and it's going to be quite something.

But unfortunately, it's going to have to wait till at least the middle of August. There's several issues that will have to be taken into consideration. I'll be taking two AP classes next year as a Junior and I'll have to study like crazy for my ACT tests. Plus, I'll be in a bunch of clubs as well. I will try to update regularly, but there's no guarantees. Especially since I want to finish another book this summer. And I also don't have a working title for the sequel. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to message or leave it in the comments. If I use it, odds are there will be a dedication in it for you.

BUT, I do have some good news. By the end of July, for camp nanowrimo, I'm writing a short story compilation that includes the real story of how Noah died and Lease's past, including a dark secret that Lease has not mentioned to anyone. There will also be background stories on the characters in this book as well as stories that will set up for the sequel. You don't have to read it, but it will help make sense of the next book in the trilogy. 

Hmm, I think that pretty much covers anything. If anyone has questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to leave it in the comment section.

That's all folks.

~Ash<3