"I'm sorry Lauren"

"Please don't punish Keana either." Camila whispered, her eyes fixed on the floor again. "It's my fault, I shouldn't have let it happen in the first-"

"Camila, no one's going to be hurt or punished, okay?" Lauren said, smiling reassuringly when Camila looked at her cautiously.

"Thank you, Lauren."

"Nothing to thank me for", Lauren gave Camila's hand a light squeeze in an attempt to reassure her. Camila's hand was cold. "Everything's alright." She assured Camila once more.

"Let's get you warmed up, your hands feel freezing cold."

"I'm sorry, Lauren, they're always cold." Camila whispered.

"That's alright. We'll just have to keep you warm then. How about we watch a movie and relax a bit?"

"If it pleases you, Lauren." Lauren closed her eyes, hoping her frustration at the submissive answer didn't show on her face.

"No, we don't have to." She said as calmly as she could manage. "Would you rather have some more soup, or take a nap?" Camila's hopeful expression at the mention of sleep gave her preference away, even though she answered with "Whatever you think is best, Lauren."

Lauren sighed heavily, regretting it instantly when Camila flinched a little.

"Let's get you back to bed then, you look like you're about to fall over." It was true, Camila was pale and the earlier trembling hadn't quite subsided yet; she looked incredibly tense again. Still, Camila allowed Lauren to pull her to her feet and followed her  down the corridor to the guest bedroom.

Lauren was pulling back the blanket for Camila to get back to bed when she heard the door click shut behind her.

She spun around and found Camila awkwardly standing by the door. From the look on her face, Lauren could tell that she was thinking hard.

"I want to thank you, Lauren, for letting me rest a whole day," Camila was looking at her intently, as if trying to guess whether what she was saying pleased Lauren or if she was speaking out of turn. "And for feeding me, clothing and bathing me." Camila paused for a moment, assessing Lauren's reaction.

Lauren didn't speak. She could tell Camila wasn't done. The silence in the room felt awkward and unsettling.

"I know I'm sick and not appealing with the way I look now, but I can serve you, Lauren. I swear I can be useful and give you pleasure." Camila was speaking frantically now, her fingers locked in a pleading gesture in front of her . She stumbled across the room towards Lauren.

"Camila,no, I-"

"I know I'm infectious, but if you would please allow me to put a condom on you, I'll be careful, I promise I can make you feel good! I know the medication is worth more than I am, but I will work for it! I will make it up to you, I'll be so good! I'm a good slave, Lauren, I can do whatever you-"

"Camila, Camila, no stop!" Camila fell silent, dread clear in her eyes. "Camila, that's not why you're here, I don't want you to have ... relations with me or repay me any other way."

"Lauren, please, Lauren, I know most owners don't like condoms, but please let me earn my keep."

"This is not about..." Lauren paused. She reached out to the scared girl in front of her, placing her hands on her shoulders. "You don't have to earn your keep or your medication. I brought you here because you needed help and I want to help you. There's nothing I want in return and no medication could ever be worth more than you are, Camila."

She gently pulled Camila towards the bed and set her down on the edge.

"Am I to service Master Chris then?" Camila asked, looking up at Lauren with a confused expression on her face.

"No!" Lauren gasped, startled by the suggestion. "No, you're not supposed to ... service anyone."

Camila's lower lip was quivering while her eyes were growing wetter by the second. "I don't understand." She said, looking past Lauren into empty space.

Lauren felt lost, she didn't know what to say and she didn't understand what Camila needed to hear to feel safe and there was no one there to help her out. Hoping that she wasn't going to frighten the girl any more than she already was, Lauren sat down on the bed next to Camila.

"I know this is new and scary", she began "but you don't have to be afraid. We... that is my dad, my mom, Chris and I, we don't expect anything from you. I didn't buy you for a purpose. We're probably gonna ask you to help out around the house once you're feeling better, but nothing more than a few chores. But for now, all I want you to do is focus on getting better, okay? Just sleep whenever you like and eat when you can, because we really need to get you to a healthier weight. We'll keep taking care of your back and we'll go see Dr. Holland again soon to make sure you're getting better." Camila was nodding along with everything she said, as if she was trying to absorb Lauren's every word. "Camila?" She asked softly.

"Yes, Lauren?"

Lauren bit her lower lip. "Why don't you lie down and sleep for a while? I know today was stressful."

"Yes, Lauren." Camila lay down on her side on the mattress as quickly as she could while still minding her knees and back. Lauren pulled the blanket over her body and tucked it in around her neck in a motion that was starting to feel familiar.

She stopped herself from running her hand over Camila's arm like she would if it were Chris or Lucy she was tucking in, because she didn't want to send the wrong message. She could see the tension in Camila's posture as the boy waited for Lauren's next move or request.

"Sleep well, Camila." She said softly "Call for me if you need anything at all, or come get me, alright?"

"Yes, Lauren."

Only when she had left the room did she allow her face to fall. Lauren sincerely hoped she wouldn't have to get used to hearing her name as Camila's new synonym for 'Mistress' for long.