1. Danielle's Dream Boy

Hello everyone! This is my first story on Wattpad so it's not going to be the best but thanks for reading!

~Bibliophile15

City Park always had a calming effect on Danielle. She loves to ride her bike here when she has free time to come and read. Except today, instead of actually reading, she fake read while she had her sights on a certain human of the opposite gender. He was a short haired brunette built with lean muscle and best of all: he seemed to be a few inches over six feet tall. She watched as he passed the soccer ball with his friends and finger combed his hair out of his face after a well-earned goal. Once he and his friends took a water break, he turned in Danielle's direction to grab his water bottle and when he looked up, she knew that he he had seen her quickly look down at her book desperately trying to not get caught staring at him. But to no avail, he did see her and began walking in her direction. He sat down on the bench next to her and asked, "What are you reading?"

"A Tale of Two Cities," she quickly replied.

"Ooh, romance." He said in a fake dreamy voice. "Is it any good?"

"You would actually want to read it? You don't seem like the romance type to me if you don't mind my opinion."

"Not at all. But I did hear that it has a lot of fights in it, and I have a good imagination." he said.

"Well you're in luck because it's chock full of battles. There's raids, murders, plotting, all with a bit of romance. The only thing I don't like about it os who she ends up with. She marries Darnay! I wish she would've chosen Sydney Carton."

"Ahh! I don't like spoilers!" He whisper-yelled.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to!"

"It's alright I'm not going to read it anyway." He shrugged. "So, what's your name?"

"Danielle."

"Well I'm pleased to meet you, Danielle. I'm Dustin."

"Hello."

"I really liked chatting with you, but I gotta get back to practice. Are you doing anything next Friday?"

"No."

"Great! I'll meet you back here at 8."

"Wait, what?"

"We're going Geocaching! Me, you, the boys, and some girls. Come on! It'll be fun!"

"But I just met you!"

"What's your point?"

"The fact that I just met you!"

"True, true. But it'll still be fun and your invited so come along if you want just don't be late because we're starting at 8 o'clock sharp! Okay, now i really have to go. I hope you can make it!" he said with a wink and started walking back to the field.

I woke up with breathing heavily with my heart beating fast and a ring of sweat along my hairline. That was the fourth time I'd had that dream in under a month. They started once I turned eighteen three weeks ago. Why was this boy, Dustin, constantly haunting my dreams? I'm starting to become concerned with my mental heath. I mean, what if I'm going mad? What if my mind is trying to tell me to get a boyfriend when I am just as happy sitting on my bed reading and playing volleyball and being a single senior. What if I actually like seeing him in my dreams?

I can't start thinking like this. I tell myself. He's just a product of my imagination. He's just my Dream Boy. He's not real. Or is he?

"God, please tell me that I'm not going crazy. Please tell me that this is a real boy and I'm not just making him up. Wait that's worse! Don't tell me that!" I say to myself while I sit up in my bed.

"Come on, Duke. Let's go get some food. That makes everything better." I say to the black  labrador at my feet while opening up the blinds on my window. He raises his head and perked up his ears at the mention of food.

"That's my baby! Let's go." I call to him as I get out of bed.

"Good morning Dani!" my mom from the living room says as I come down the stairs with Duke at my heels. "Breakfast is in the oven. We made pancakes and they should still be warm."

"Okay, thanks, my beloved mother. You treat our family so well that you deserve the day off with Alex as your personal butler. You can send him to and fro to satisfy your every need from juice in the fridge to fish from the sea." I say as I feed Duke his morning meal.

"You're lucky that he is still sleeping or he'd make you take it back by stealing something of yours or tickling you, which works every time, might I add, but because I would enjoy someone at my beck and call for the day I'll accept your offer in his name. Today's laundry day." she said with a bright smile.

"And that's why I chose today!" I say as I kiss her on the cheek and walk into the kitchen to eat my mother's heavenly pancakes. I sit down to read my book, Clockwork Princess, while I eat, but there is some extremely loud noises coming from the yard next door.

"Mom?"

"Yes, sweetie?"

"What's that noise coming from next door?"

"Oh! That would be our new neighbors. They just started moving in this morning, and I think that they have a son your age." she says trying to get me to consider meeting him.

"Really?" I say. I have been the only teenager on my street for the longest time, and she knows that I have always wished that there was another person on my street that was my age and not in middle school, a new set of parents, or the elderly.

Ding-Dong

"I'll get it, Mom!" I say and get up to go answer the door. I walk through the kitchen, den,and hallway. I open the door, and there he is. My Dream Boy.

~~~

I hope y'all liked my first chapter of my first story! I know it was really short, but it was so much fun to write. A special thanks to my fellow wattpad reader and writer, readersarebetter, for helping me with coming up with the plot-line of this story. Hugs for everyone!

~Bibliophile15