3. LEAN AND TONED!!

Thanks for all the reads! I'm glad y'all seem to like it. Please comment anything. I'd love some feedback on my story and I'd love to hear from you guys.

~Bibliophile15

"Hello?" Finley answered.

"Hey, Fin, Do u feel like going to a party Friday night?" I asked.

"Who's party?"

"My neighbor's."

"Which neighbor?"

"My new neighbor's."

"What new neighbor?"

"My brand new hot neigh-"

"What! You never told me you had a new neighbor! Especially not a hot one! What's his name? What school does he go to? How old is-"

"Gosh calm your tits, Fin. His name is Dustin. He goes to our school. And he's our age."

"Dani, when did he move in?"

"Um... last weekend..." I braced myself.

"Why are you telling me this now! It's been a whole week and you are just telling me that you found out that you have a hot neighbor!"

Bracing myself didn't help at all. "Well I needed to make sure that he was cute and not a jerk..." I tried to calm her down.

"Chica, I don't care. You just need to realize that I'm in your driveway now so let me in. We have a boy to talk about."

"Alright, come in the door's open." I said as I hung up the phone.

Finley opened the front door and bounded up the stairs to my room. She quickly opened my door and belly-flopped onto my queen bed, and stared at me with her you-better-start-talking-about-about-this-hot-boy look.

I couldn't blame her. I would've done the same thing to her.

"Soo..." Fin started.

"Okay. So, his name is Dustin, and he's really cute and tall and dreamy" Why'd I have to say that particular adjective... "and he plays soccer." OH gosh, he never actually told me that. "You know our motto-"

"LEAN AND TONED!" She exclaimed, and flopped over as she swung her arms to create emphasis.

"Yes, he's leanand toned, and he has short-ish brown hair," I said and waved my hand to show that I meant so-so, "and I really need you to come to his par-"

"It's his party?!"

"Yeah..."

"You really think that I would let you go alone to a cute guy's party? You must be delirious. You would have to strap me into a straight jacket, tie me to a chair, and have your brother's football team sit on me before I'd even consider not going because it would take me at least five minutes to make them run away screaming while I recite any romantic book or poem that I've memorized, you know how many I could choose from, and then another ten to untie myself," she explained.

"Oh don't worry, I know of your capabilities because I've taught you well young grasshopper."

I know this because one day she and I were talking about who we shipped more with Simon from The Mortal Instruments. We must've sat there for at least a good hour debating on whether he is a better couple with Isabelle or Maia. I was relentless about Sizzy, I love Simon and Izzy so much, and she kept saying that he and Maia were better for each other. But, anyway, my brother and his friends walked in after practice one day and the minute they saw us sitting at the kitchen table, they immediately pivoted in the other direction before they thought we would see them. Unfortunately for them, I was facing the door they walked in through and whispered to Fin that we on a new mission: annoy the football players. She accepted the challenge.