THREE

"He basically exploded when he saw her, Les." I told her as I walked around the grocery store.

"I wonder blame him. I mean everything you just told me sound horrible and I hated that he won had to go through that at such a young age let alone any age."

"I know. I kept convincing him to work things out with him but you know how he is. He never likes to listen." I shrugged.

"Maybe he'll come around soon. Give him time."

"I'll try. Look I'll call you back later. I have buy hella stuff."

"Alright, bye." She hung up.

Although I was just at the store a few days ago, we didn't have any snack there. And I needed some baby snack for Miracle. And do me too lol. I went into the the chips aisle and got two variety bags of chips and a variety box of chips and put them in the buggie. I ate like I was still pregnant. I reached for the packs of chocolate when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Sedric.

"Can I help you?" I said to him.

"Damn, it's like that huh?"

"I mean you are at work so shouldn't you be working?"

"Yes I should, but I wanna talk to you."

"About?"

He smirked, "How you been. I ain't seen you in here in a minute."

"I've been busy." I scooted out the way to let him see Miracle.

"That's your daughter? She looks just like you" He stares right at her.

"Yes, this is Miracle. I never come in here that often because I'm a busy mother."

"I feel you, I feel you. So where the baby daddy at?"

"You mean my boyfriend?" I said with my hands on my hips.

"Yea I guess. Shouldn't he be with his girl?"

"Why you wanna know?"

"I'm just asking. I've seen you come in here a lot and I never see him with you. You sure y'all still together?"

"Look, that's none of your business about my boyfriend, Sedric. And if you don't mind, I have to finish my shopping."

"Why you keep acting like that?" He arched his eyebrows.

"Because you're trying to hit on my and I told you I have a boyfriend." I said in annoyance.

"I'm just trying to be friends, that's all. You ain't gotta be rude."

"I'm not. I just don't think my fried would be friends with a guy like you."

He stepped closer but not in an offensive way, "Whatcu mean a guy like me?"

"Look, you are cute. And if he finds out that I'm friends with you, he'll flip."

"How come. Don't he trust you?"

"He does. He's just careful about what's his and so am I." I turned and walked away finishing my business.

I made it home and put every away. Laid down in bed with Miracle beside me while she chewed on my finger, teething. I wasn't on school anymore at the time. Now that I had Miracle, my focus was on her. I couldn't go to school, then work then come home. I wouldn't see her half the day. So I chose a job over school for a little. I was drifting off til I heard a knock at the door.

I opened it to see Cleopatra standing there in some black NIKE sweats and a white tank top. She looked like one of those young girls that I went to college with. I then greeted her with a hug.