•A Clue•

My baby sister's worried expression became calm in a matter of seconds.
"Is that all?"

I threw the note on the ground. "Is that all?!? My little brother and his...his WIFE are gone!!"

"Wife? Riker, chill," a chuckle slipped out of her mouth. "They probably just went to the store or something."

"RYDEL! THEY WENT HOME! HOME!!!!!" I exclaimed in frustration, kicking the crumpled piece of paper towards her combat boots.

She started at me in disbelief and picked up the note.

"Well! Now do you still think they went to the grocery store?!" I said as I paced like a caged tiger.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her mouth moving slightly but no words came out.

"What are we going to do now?" I thought aloud.

"Go after them."
Her voice was soft but shaky.

"I guess that's the only thing we can do," I continued to pace.

---

•Charlie•
A knock on our door interrupted us.

"Charlie? Ross? There are people here to see you," my aunt said from outside the door.

"Okay! Thanks! We'll be out in a second," I replied, "put me down, Ross."

"Why should I?" he smirked at me.

Oh great, here we go...

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "because I said so and plus we need to get downstairs to see who what's to see us."

"Why couldn't we go downstairs like this?"

He got like this sometimes. As cute as it sounds right now, it was actually super annoying and sometimes a little too aggressive if you know what I mean.
That's what actually led to having Cally. Don't get me wrong, I love her and I love Ross but I don't want that happening again.

"Ross," I said sharply, "put. Me down."

He gave me his puppy eyes. "Please. I like carrying you."

I bit my lower lip, "put me down!"
His puppy eyes were deadly, I couldn't resist them most of the time.

"Pwease??" he stared at me more.

"No! Ross!" I barked a little as much I hated to.

"Awww....okay," he put on his pouting face and set me down.

Ugh, just please stop being so freaking cute..

"C'mon," I smiled, taking his hand and leading him downstairs.

"Charlie?" Jackie said from the location of the crime scene.

"Yeah?"

"Come here, dear. There are some men that want to talk to you and Ross."

We saw two investigators inside the yellow tape, looking around.

"Ah, there you two are," one of the men said. "I'm investigator Alex Taylor and this is my partner, Brady Wilson. I have a few questions for you, if you don't mind."
His amber eyes smiled and he had a dazzling smile.

"No, we don't mind at all," Ross half smiled.

"Great. Lets go into the kitchen," he led us into the kitchen.

He pulled out a small note book and pen from his coat.

"Now Mr. Lynch," he began, flipping his note book open, "I know I don't have to ask you this but it's part of my job, you two are married? Is that correct?"

"Well, N-" Ross coughed purposefully cutting me off.

"Yes. Yes we are," he answered, taking my hand.

Alex narrowed his eyes at us. "Okay..now how many children do you have?"

"One, we're newly weds," Shor smiled.

"Newly weds?? And you have a one year old child?"

"Well...we aren't exacly newly weds. We've been married for two years but I still consider that new. After all it only has been two years," Ross chuckled nervously.

"I see..."

---
"Alex! Come here!" the other investigator called urgently.

The three of us jogged to the living room. I peered over the yellow tape, looking at the small object in Brady's hand. 

"What'd you find?" Alex asked as he knelt down next to his partner.

"A pen next to the spot of blood," Brady replied.

"A pen? Is there any inscription on it?"

"Yes. It reads: Planet Blue Clothing Co. Malibu, CA."