Chapter 19: A Lot like Love

☾┋ 𝔞𝔲! 𝔳𝔞𝔪𝔭𝔦𝔯𝔢 𝖉𝖔𝖈𝖙𝖔𝖗

➳ 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 18

note: 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝕒 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕜 𝕠𝕗 𝕗𝕚𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟

Junho and Aera started walking towards the entrance of Seoul National Hospital together, fingers tightly interlocked into eachother, reminiscent of their distant memories in this place

Junho and Aera started walking towards the entrance of Seoul National Hospital together, fingers tightly interlocked into eachother, reminiscent of their distant memories in this place. The sense of longingness and wistful yearning has been satisfied as their foot sets on the hospital's grounds.

"Junho, I really missed this place." She held unto his hand firmly, not ever wanting to let go.

"You're here!" The corner of his lips tug upward with a flash of his pearly white teeth.

Meandering around the vicinity, they noticed slight changes around the hospital which involved technological advancements and addition of more facilities. Aera, whose eyes were lurking around, was in search for the elevator that would lead to the Conference Hall where all the doctors are currently having a meeting.

"Junho, let's go!" She led him, tugging on his hands to move towards her direction as he replied with a brief nod.

As they finally entered the hall, the doctors, all dressed in their usual attires, were busy discussing about a patient who is diagnosed with Lung Cancer and is severely in need of surgery.

"Does it possibly need Wedge Resection? My hands are itching to operate this patient!" Junho smirked as he held Aera's hands, bringing her to the usual spot where they sit during doctor board meetings. Bewildered by the presence of Kim Junho and most of all Jung Aera, everyone's eyes widened in thunder-bolting shock.

"Is that Doctor J...Jung Aera? She's alive?!" Hyesoo's jaw dropped.

Aera gave a playful wink, waving to her with her free hand.

Mr. Andrew Kim, the new director that replaced Director Jung Jim welcomed the two of them once again into the Seoul National Hospital family. Apparently Director Jung Jim decided to turn himself over to the police after being haunted by his morality due to the previous havoc he caused.

Averting the attention back to the previous topic, the director stated that the patient had a non-small cell lung cancer.

"So basically, on which stage is the patient right now?" Listening attentively to the discussion, Aera cupped one side of her cheek with her palm, looking at the Director who was discussing in the podium.

"Stage 2 NSCLC." The director replied.

NSCLC, also known as non-small cell lung cancer, is when the lungs function abnormally and start growing out of control. As these cancer cells develop, it may cause tumor that may spread and cause disruption in the other parts of the body.

"Babe, It's Stage 2. It may need Lobectomy or if the case is worse, Pneumonectomy may be advised." Aera brushed her lips against Junho's ears, whispering softly. Lobectomy is defined as the surgical removal of the lobe of an organ. On the other hand, Pneumonectomy is the removal of a lung.