Chapter 1: Genesis

☾┋ 𝔞𝔲! 𝔳𝔞𝔪𝔭𝔦𝔯𝔢 𝖉𝖔𝖈𝖙𝖔𝖗 

➳ 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 1

note: 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝕒 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕜 𝕠𝕗 𝕗𝕚𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟.  

"Jung Aera, get up! It's your big day today

"Jung Aera, get up! It's your big day today. It's your first day of work at Uncle Jim's hospital!" Her sister, Areum, hits her with a pillow for her to wake up.

"Ah fine, I get it! Uhuh? " Aera squints her eyes, lifting her hands up in the air stretching her upper extremities.

"Oh god. I almost forgot." She hurriedly ran to the toilet and washed her face.

"I call dibs on the shower first!" Areum, holding her towel, bumps into her purposefully to hint that she wants to use the toilet first.

"Hey!" Aera rolled her eyes, elbowing her sister due to her annoyance.

"So you won't let me? I have a trial to attend to in a span of an hour and a half. So shoo." Areum pulls her hair, tugging it hardly.
Aera scoffs, side eyeing her sister who truly is the most affectionate sister of all; sarcastically speaking.

She walks down the glassy staircase that was twisted in a perfect spiral manner. Aera's family were elites: her dad, mother, sister and brother were of high distinction. The family has their own legal firm and each one of them have side businesses in different industries. All of her family members except her were inclined with the field of Law.

As she reaches the spacey and enormous dining area, the large ceilings and the rose gold chandelier welcomed her.
She utters "Hey dad. Good morning. What's cooking?"

" So,I told our chef to make your favorite meal.. It's eggs and sausages!" He gives a sincere smile after he takes a sip of coffee with his other hand holding the newspaper.

"I can't wait! So dad, how's Areum's case going?" She asked inquisitively as their maid placed her meal on the table
.
"It's tough since she's still looking for evidences that certify that the Zhous are trafficking human beings and using them as test subjects for their drugs." He cocked an eyebrow before sipping once more on his coffee.

"Why would the Zhous even do that though?" She sliced a tiny portion of her sausage before putting it into her mouth.

"Well you see, Aera. The world holds a lot of secrets. People will never let you know." He stands up from his chair, lips curving into a smile as he pats his daughter's head.

"Good luck on your first day at Seoul National Hospital. We all believe in you, Dr. Jung Aera. Don't forget to take the Meth!" He yells from the other end of the room as he bids goodbye since he's off to work.

Areum rushed down the stairs, carrying a bunch of files.
" Aera, the meth. Don't forget. Bye!" Areum widens her eyes as she speaks.

Still seated in the dining area, Aera nodded and waved goodbye to her father and sister.

Meth is a short term used for the pill named Methoracin; the pill contains Sibutramine which is a drug that serves as an appetite suppressant. Alongside, it serves as a substance to keep a vampire's metabolism and attraction to blood at bay. It also serves the purpose of controlling the central nervous system of a vampire so that when faced with human blood contact, the vampire will not have the adverse side effects of aggression, schizophrenic reactions and metamorphosis. When a vampire fully metamorphosizes into its full form, it is deleterious.

"Ah the Meth..." She headed back to her bedroom as she decided to look for that pill. She took her tiny casket containing the Methoracin pills.

Time passed by, her driver brought her to the hospital.
Wearing a simple outfit of a white blouse and jeans along with white coat, she strutted down the hospital's reception area, her hair tied into a slick high pony tail; she was ready for this day.

Upon entering, the staff all bowed to her as a sign of respect. Her uncle entered the area, surrounded by a bunch of guards. He greeted her and led her to the 21st floor where the doctors are currently having a board meeting.
The place was huge hall with vast equipment. The stage had a smart board and a podium if anyone would like to discuss a certain matter. The doctors, all dressed in their white coats, were seated and inquisitively listening to Dr. Kim Junho, the youngest head surgeon in Seoul who specializes in cardiothoracic surgery. He is a prestigious man of fine class, his knowledge and wit withstands his visuals.

When the director Jung Jim entered the hall along with Aera, all stood up and bowed. Director Jung Jim and Aera sat infront to listen to the discussion.

"So the patient is diagnosed with CAD. In common terms, Coronary Artery Disease. The severity of the case is highly critical because multiple areas of the artery has been blocked up by the hardened plaques. Evidently seen in the x-ray image, there is a plaque buildup in the walls of the arteries of this young man thus inhibiting the flow of blood to flow throughout the body. " He points at the screen with his laser pen.

"Have you done an echocardiogram?" A random doctor asked.

"All tests were made. But the problem is I need manpower to perform Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting. I need assistance with this case. My other team members are missing in action." Dr. Junho added, slightly clicking his tongue as he speaks.

" I will.." Aera uttered with a low voice. Bickers of voices surrounded the whole room questions such as "Who is she?" were heard.

"You will?" Junho blinked his eyes at awe.

" I will help you!" Aera stood up as she gave him a pleasant smile, making her voice much louder with a touch assertiveness.

"You are...?" He tilted his head, his curiosity sent him off the edge.

"She is Dr. Jung Aera who also specializes in cardiothoracic surgery. She studied in Yale University for medical school. Previously, she worked in New York Presbyterian hospital as a general surgeon for 3 years. She would like to share her expertise with us and give good service to our patients here in Seoul National Hospital. Let's give her a warm welcome!" Director Jim stood up and announced to everyone, leading Aera to the stage.

The crowd gave her a round of applause as she went up the stage beside Junho. There was an awkward yet growing tension between the two individuals.However, Junho decided to break the edginess between the two of them as he offers his hand to her for her to shake.

" I'm Dr. Kim Junho. It will be a pleasure to work with you and have you in my team." His lips curve into a piercing smile, his hands still up in the air for her to shake it.

She takes his hand and held it with a tight grip.
" I look forward to that too. " Aera replied.