Chapter 30

I wake up to the sound of knocking on my door. I rub the sleep from my eye and groan my face feeling achy from crying last night.

"Come in," I say my voice sounds scratchy. The door slowly opens and Grandma steps in giving me a small smile.

"Oh honey, are you not feeling well?" She asks gently resting the back of her hand on my forehead.

"Yeah. My head kinda hurts and I feel tired," I say honestly.

"Okay sweetie, I'll let you rest. I have to go out with Amanda so if you need anything just call Xander," she says. I tense slightly and don't think she notices. I really don't want to see him right now. I don't think I could face him.

"Okay," I say, laying back down.

"I'll be back soon," she smiles before leaving the room.

I hear her retreating footsteps then the front door shut. I push the blanket aside and sit up from the bed. I stretch my back, raising my arms above my head hearing the satisfying crack before slouching. I just sit there for a moment not really wanting to get up. A long sigh escapes my lips before I get up and head to the restroom. I do my business and then walk down the hall towards the kitchen.

I enter the kitchen and grab a glass of water. I fill it up and chug it down to relieve my scratchy throat. I finish off the glass and let out a deep breathe and fill the cup again heading back to my room.

I enter my room and close the door behind me. I set the glass on the bedside table then lay back down in the bed cuddling up in the comforter. I just don't feel like doing anything today. I have days like this. Just feeling gloomy. Doesn't everyone? I sigh and try to fall back asleep.

I toss and turn for about a half an hour before I finally feel my eyelids grow heavy and soon fall asleep.

----

Tap...tap...tap

I groan as the sound of light tapping wakes me up. I slowly sit up looking around the room and glance at the clock on my nightstand. 9:30 p.m?! How long have I been asleep!?

I hear the repetitive sound of tapping and find the source of sound coming from the window. I instantly tense knowing it's probably Xander. I slowly step over to the window quickly opening the curtain to see a half-smiling Xander. I keep a blank face and crack my window.

"Yes?" I say trying not to sound upset but he gives me a confused look.

"Hey, whats wrong?"

"N-Nothing," I say lazily crossing my arms in defense. He raises his eyebrow.

"Did you need something?" I ask.

"Oh, Yeah. Can I talk to you?"

Does he finally want to tell me how he didn't like the date? Was he too scared to say it yesterday?

I let out a subtle sigh and nod my head making room for him to enter. He steps in not saying anything for a moment just shuffle from foot to foot making me more scared than before. I feel my heartbeat pick up slightly and a nauseous feeling washing over me. I don't know if I can hear this...

"Are you sure you're okay Emilia," He asks nervously.

"Y-Yes, I'm fine," I say stoically shifting on my feet slightly.

"A-Alright...uh...Emilia...I...," I hear him sigh before rubbing his forehead trying to speak.

"Just say it already!" I whisper-yell with irritation dripping from my tone.