Ch 3 This Means War

_____________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER 3

Thanks mum, I thought to myself as I was forced to walk home- in the rain. Yeah, I guess I could be really mad, but I was too distracted. Thankfully I had memorized the way to and from school, so I was able to walk home without problem.

Just as I was turning onto my street, a car drove by too close to the curb, causing a bucketful of water to splash over me.

"Sorry bout that, Bells."

Bells?

I scowled and flipped him off and he drove off, laughing evilly. I know I should be worried about him, and trust me, I am, but for some reason, I wasn't. Sure, he scared me like no other, but something about him, it made me want to get to know him.

As I turned up the walkway into my house, I noticed his car parked on the street. Filled with annoyance, I stomped up to the car, ready to bitch off to him.

"Connor-" I started, only to freeze.

Connor smirked as he pulled away from the topless girl underneath him. I flushed, completely embarrassed, and quickly u-turned and made my quickly into the house.

I just interrupted Connor's shag time.

AWKWARD. (A/N that show is the best. nuff said. haha)

I could feel his stare on my back as I struggled to find my keys. Once I found them at the bottom of my bag, I hurriedly rushed into the house, slamming the door shut behind me.

"Oh! Pumpkin! I'm so-" My mum rushed to me.

"It's fine." I cut her off, heading upstairs.

25 minutes later

I collapsed onto my bed after the most relaxing, hot, shower I've ever had. Leaning over the edge, I grabbed my bag and started working on the rest of my homework. Out of the blue, my phone started ringing loudly.

"Unknown" it read on my screen.

"Hullo?"

"Hey it's Jess."

"Oh, yeah Jess, erm, how'd you get my number?"

"I took it from your phone during Spanish." She said casually. I smiled, only she would do that.

"So, what's up?"

"Ugh...." She groaned, "I heard about what happened, in the library."

My eyes widened and I buried my face in my pillow.

"Mphm?"

"Word travels." Jess explained

"I hate him." I mumbled

"It's not true... is it?" She asked in a hushed tone.

"What?" I asked hesitantly.

"That you are going to have sex with him. People are saying that you were so desperate that you started stripping in the library. And also- actually never mind." Jess muttered.

"Jess! What were you going to say?" I asked, sitting upright, my heart pounding.

"Well, Connor told a bunch of people that you were begging to get him to take your virginity-"

I gasped, hate and anger filled me.

"And so you blew him in the back of the library because you're so desperate."

I didn't respond, I couldn't.

"Bella? Bella, it's okay, no one really believes him." Jess tried to assure me.