Crimson

Blood,

Crimson red blood,

Everywhere.

The flimsy white curtains of momma's room painted in crimson, the silken white sheets of her bed; crimson. The grey floor boards tainted with crimson.

Hugging Leo's arm to my chest, I enter the room that was once filled with the melodic sound of my mother's voice. The mixture of my momma's perfume and papa's cologne, now replaced with the metallic smell of their blood.

Momma lays motionless of the floor, her conservative white nightie, now crimson. Her eyes are dull, a lifeless shade of familiar gray. Blood oozing from the wound on her chest.

Untangling myself from the arms of my twelve years old brother, my tiny feet slap against the crimson floor as I go to my momma. "Momma!" A small voice leaves my lips, the nervous edge in my childlike voice.

"Momma! Are you painting?" I shake her slender shoulder, gripping her red tainted nightie in my fist. "Leo won't let me sleep, momma. Momma! Momma! Why won't you wake up,"

Suddenly, the eyes once gray, now snap upto meet mine with an onyx shade making me shriek.

A haunted grin  replaces her once soft smile, "Silk," my name muttered by her thick voice make me shiver. "It's all your fault," I fall back, slipping into a dark void.

And then I'm on the floor, clutching the bruised head of my big brother to my chest as I cry my eyes out. "Leo, hold on," my voice is thick with fear as my hand presses against the wound on his chest, same as my momma's. I try, I try really hard to stop the crimson blood from flowing out of him. But it won't stop.

It never stops.

"Please Leo, don't leave me," I look down into the blue eyes of my brother, trying to make him stay. He can't leave me, not when he's all I have.

"Silk," His eyes are black voids of darkness now, a cruel smile stretching upon his lips. "You. It's all your fault!" He yells, his hand rising to grip around my neck. Crimson blood now painting the pale skin of my slender neck.

"You should've died instead of me!" He spits in my face, his bruised face a frightening sight. "It's all because of you!" He squeezes my throat making me gag.

I claw at his hands, trying to break free from his hold as breathing becomes hard. "You destroyed everything!" His obsidian eyes glare into my gray ones, the kindness in them; vanished.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Leo." I cry out, gagging on my words. His smile is haunted, cruelty dripping from his stance.

"You don't deserve forgiveness, Silk. You deserve nothing!" The tears seems never ending as they leave my eyes.

"Please!" I close my eyes, welcoming the darkness that slowly creep into my soul.

The pressure on my neck is suddenly released and I fall helplessly to a cold surface. My cheek making a hard impact with the rough ground.

Opening my eyes, I'm met with a new sight. The air is cold against my bare skin and the ropes dig into my wrists as I twist them to break free.

The snow under my bare knees seems to penetrate my skin, slowly freezing my soul with it's chilled vines.

"Help!" A small sound leaves my lips, my teeth chattering from the bite of the cold, my tiny frame shivering profusedly but unable to rise myself off the ground.

"Help please," I whisper to myself as twisting my face to peer into the dark depths of the forest. I see a lone figure appear in the woods. The darkness of the night, making it impossible for me to make out their features.

Light suddenly falls on my face, before I see the person start running in my direction. "Red!" Oh that voice, I thought I would never hear that voice as it's shouted from a distance.

I close my eyes, savouring the sound of my name from his lips as he runs towards me, eliminating the distance between us. I smile in relief, he found me. He didn't leave. He promised.

He will save me.

And then I hear movement behind me, the growling of wolves filling my ears. A pack of eight surrounding me as they growl against my skin, making frightening tingles to erupt on my bruised figure.

He keeps calling my name but his voice is drowned by the sneers of the wolves that circle me. Cruel whispers of hate carried by their wicked growls. The depth of my being filling up with contempt.

And I scream.

I scream as they start feeding on my flesh. Tearing my limb from limb, sinking their razor sharp claws in my pale skin.

I scream but I let them feed.

I let them feed on what's left in me.

Now the cold is warm,

The snow turned red,

No, but it ain't red,

My being bled crimson.

********