Chapter Five- Trust

"Honestly, Gerard, I don't know why I do this shit for you." Selena says, holding my arm and guiding me down the hall, pretending like she wasn't sneaking me into the courtyard.

"Because you love me." I giggle and she punches me in the arm.

"Why do you even need to go out here again?" she asks, tightening her grip when a nurse walks past us.

I glance back at Frankie following close behind me. He has his head down, causing his bangs to fall over his face while he picks at his nails. I grin at the top of his head. "I've got a hot date.''

"With who?" Sel asks.

"Look behind you, fuck wad." I reply, sarcastically. She does as I say, her eyes scanning over Frank before she looks back up at me with furrowed brows. I roll my eyes. "Frank, baby?" Frankie looks up at me and I smile. "This is Selena." Selena looks back at him. Frank waves shyly before putting his head back down. "Isn't he just gorgeous?"

"Gerard, th-" she looks at me with confused eyes, then back at Frank before a look of realisation crosses her face. "Oh! Right! Yeah, he is beautiful. Uh, hi, Frankie." she smiles at him. He smiles back before staring at his shoes again. I wonder what's so interesting about the institute issued shoes to him because all he seems to do is stare at his feet. "Well, here we are. Have fun you two!" Sel smiles before tucking the bottle into my jacket pocket and winking at me. I smile at her before pushing the door to the courtyard open and letting the cool autumn air pierce my skin.

The wind was cold but the sun was enough to keep us warm with only a light jacket. I take Frankie's hand in my own and lead him to the corner of the courtyard to sit down in the grass. We sit in a patch of tiny purple flowers and I smile to myself, happy to share moments like these with Frank. I open the bottle of coke and smell it, letting the smell of rum and lime and sugary soft drink fill my body. God, what would I do without Selena?

Here in the nuthouse, we're allowed one sugary item a month, whether that be candy or a soda. I always choose soda and Selena always sneaks into a storage room, spikes it, throws some lime in there, and makes the best damn cuba libre you've ever tasted. It's honestly the only thing that keeps me sane.

I take a swig of the drink and hold it out to Frank. He shakes his head and picks a flower out of the ground, twirling it in his fingers. I take another drink.

We sit in silence for a moment before he leans his head on my shoulder, burying his face in the crook of my neck. "Gerard?" he whispers, his voice hot against my skin.

"Yeah, Frankie?" I reply, wrapping an arm around his waist and pulling him closer.

"I-I love you so much, Gee. Thank you for taking care of me. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. I don't ever want to be away from you and I never ever want you to let me go. I love you." he says before pressing a feather light kiss on my shoulder. I pull him in that much closer and bury my face in the top of his head, breathing in the scent of his hair.

"I love you too, Frankie. I'll do anything for you."

He nods his head a little before lifting it up and staring at me with big doe eyes. "Anything?" he asks.

"Anything." I confirm, kissing his nose.

He pulls away and sits back, looking down at the flower he still has in his hands. I watch it too, for a moment, but then it's being ripped apart and Frank wraps it up in his fist. I look at his face, wondering why he did that, but he's just smirking down at his hand. "Gerard?"

"Hm?"

"I need you to do something for me." he says nervously.

"O-Okay...?"