2

Harry: Just got to my motel. You're welcome for the food, love. Just want to make sure you're okay. I love you, Im going to get some sleep now.

Harry's reply comes the next morning while Louis is sound asleep on the couch, Niall's feet in his face. He moves a little in his sleep when he hears the ding from the text. Louis isn't usually one to keep his ringer on, but this past month he is. He's always waiting to hear from Harry. He doesn't wake up until his phone dings again, reminding him of the message from Harry he had just got two minutes before.

Louis sits up a little and checks his phone, reading over the message and smiling a little before typing out a reply.

Louis: Im glad you got there safe. Sleep well. I love you xx

He sets his phone back down and stretches out, yawning as he hauls himself off of the couch, taking himself into the bathroom. He quickly rinses off in the shower, taking the time to thoroughly clean himself off. He had to go into work again later and he hated working a shift if he wasn't fresh.

Niall leaves not long after Louis is out of the shower, they talk about plans for the party on Friday and confirm all the details. Louis isn't looking forward to the party really, usually all that happened there was nothing that could be good. He figures it could be a little test for him.

After work that same day, Louis is exshausted, but accepts Zac's offer to go out for drinks like he had asked the day before. He figures theres no harm in it and he could be up for getting to know what Zac had been up to for the past five years.

"So, you were kicked out of Uni?" Louis asks, eyes wide, "And you wanted to harp on me for trashing my interview?" He scoffs, an amused smile on his face.

Zac chuckles, adjusting his seating on the uncomfortable stool he was sitting on. "Well, I suppose you have a point, don't you?"

Louis nods, "Don't I always?" He presses, taking a drink of his piña colada, then smiling widely, "This is so good, I've never had anything like it."

"Have you ever tried Vodka and Orange Juice?"

"No, that sounds disgusting." Louis grimaces, not being able to picture the two flavors together.

"No, it's actually one of the best combinations anyone's ever come up with, I swear." Zac promises Louis, his face full of certainty, "Hey, I'll be right back, gotta use the bathroom."

Louis smiles and nods, "See ya." He tells him, then watches as Zac walks off towards the restrooms. He's pretty bored actually. He thought the stories Zac would tell him would be ten times more interesting. If anything, he could tell Zac has matured a lot, despite being thrown from Uni.

"Hey, Louis." Louis looks up from his drink and sees Liam, a person he has been hoping he'd never have to come face to face with again.

"What do you want, Liam?" Louis asks, turning to him. The man has sat in the stool on the other-side of him, an expression of hurt on his face.

"Look, I know you hate me-"

"Yep, I do." Louis says, "You broke my best friends heart, you arsehole."

Liam sighs, "I know, I know." He mutters, "I- I didn't know how to tell him, you know, to tell him I had fallen out of love with him." He starts, Louis doesn't bother to interrupt him.

"I care about Zayn, I know I was the worst at showing it, but I did." Liam swears, looking Louis in the eyes, "I didn't want to hurt him, I know he loved me, so much."

"Yeah, Liam, he did." Louis says softly, frowning, "Telling him and hurting him that way is what you should've done, cheating isn't the answer, no matter what."