Chapter 7: Romantic Wannabe

Title: Chapter 7: Romantic Wannabe

Author: DarkHeavensAngel

Suggested Listening to: One Thing by One Direction (youtube video to right of page)

WARNING: A little O/////O scene.... OMFG SPOILER I'M SO SORRY.

POV: Shawn's POV

A/N: I don't have anything to say really, but COMMENT. And yeah... read on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Travis and I walked side by side on the busy street. It was a regular Sunday on a long weekend. We wouldn’t be having school on Monday since it was a national holiday. But neither of us really cared about the holiday.

Nothing was really special, but maybe that’s what made this particular day special. None of it made any sense, but as long as I could spend some time along with Travis anything is fine.

Travis’s parents were out on a trip for the long weekend so we had the house all to ourselves. I had decided on taking Travis out on a date today, which was probably one of the best choices I’ve ever made.

When I first suggested the idea of a date, Travis went crazy and instantly refused. But later that day, he came up to me and told me that he wanted to go out for a walk. I could only smirk and ruffle his hair, because he hates it when I do that. And that’s how we ended up in the center of town.

It was still early, barely 11:00 am, but the streets were already full. Travis and I had breakfast at home before leaving for the strip mall, which we were about to arrive at. I took a slower pace and followed behind Travis.

“Hey, what are you lagging for? Seriously, walk faster!” Travis suddenly called out in an annoyed voice.

“Okay, okay,” I chuckled and jogged forward, walking beside him. I threw my arm over his shoulder leisurely and thankfully, he didn’t push me away.

“Why am I always the one who has to wait for you? Sheesh, I don’t even know why we’re here,” Travis sighed, hooking his thumbs in his pockets.

“Because you love me,” I answered with a grin. He turned to me with an angry look on his face, but I could tell he was blushing because he pushed me away. I laughed and followed him when he ran.

“Gah, get away from me! You’re such a nuisance!!” Travis yelled when I grabbed his sleeve. But instead of doing as he said, I pulled him closer and leaned in to kiss him. And just as I was about to I pulled away, smirking at him. He looked like he was about to kill me, but that face was just too adorable.

“Whatever, let’s get moving!” Travis stormed off as I followed closely behind.

As Travis chattered away about how terrible a person I was, he carelessly took a step out into the street right when a car was about to pass. I made an immediate move to grab Travis’s arm, pulling him back. Travis fell back on me, and I and I caught him in a tight hug.

I heard him gasp as he pulled away. My hand which was still securely gripping his arm, slid down to lock hands with his. Travis’s face was completely red by now, but when I felt him tighten his hold on my hand, I knew I had won for today. I smirked at him while he turned to stare at the ground.

“I hate you,” I heard him mumbled.

I leaned down and pressed his forehead against mine and whispered, “If that’s how you want to put those three words, then I hate you too.”