Chapter 1: A Broken Boy

Title: Chapter 1: A Broken Boy

Author: DarkHeavensAngel

Suggested Listening to:  Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton (youtube video to right of page)

WARNING: A couple of curse words... no need for warning though...

POV: Shawn's POV

A/N: Finally, in forever do I finish typing this up!! I had this idea stuck in my head as I was typing my other stories and it was bothering me so much that I finally decided to make it into a story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked through the school doors, a little nervous. I’m an exchange student from Canada. Today was my going to be my first day at this school. It was around the end of October when I was transferred here. Today was just the beginning of November.

I made my way down the hallways, past all the students that were casting me weird glances. I went to my designated locker and stuffed everything inside. I would organize it later. I picked up my schedule and grabbed the stuff I needed for my first class: Geology.

I made my way down to my classroom and went inside. I first went to the teacher, introducing myself as a new student and she welcomed me warmly. That loosened me up a great deal. So the teachers here were nice. I sat close to the back of the room and as the bell rang and students poured into the room.

A boy sat to my left and smiled at me widely. I smiled back and introduced myself with a handshake, “I’m Shawn Holverson. I’m an exchange student from Canada. Nice to meet you!”

“Cool, I’m Vincent. I’m just any other kid at this school that doesn’t care for his grades,” he grinned. I grinned back. So the kids here were nice as well.

I guess I’ll be having a fun time here. Mrs. Nelson, the teacher, started teaching and I realized that the classes here were just as boring as they were in Canada.

I doodled in my notebook and hummed softly to myself. The rest of my classes weren’t much different. By the end of that day, my notebook was nearly filled with random doodles. If this continued on, I’d have to get a trillion notebooks to last the entire year.

I had made some new friends almost instantly that day: Vincent, Zachary, Jamie, and Connie. Well, Zachary, I had known before. Since I was an exchange student, I had no where to live. So now, I temporary live at Zachary’s place.

My new friends sat with me during lunch as well. They introduced me to all the teachers and important staff. They pointed out the bullies and the popular groups.

I couldn’t help but laugh when they poked out geeks and nerds from the waves of people.

~*ABOUT A WEEK LATER*~

It was the time I walked to study hall when I heard a couple of voices hollering. I turned the corner and saw a bunch of students gathered into a tight circle.

I squeezed my way through and saw a boy about my age with black hair and dark brown eyes—they were so dark, they seemed black. His bangs were long and hung over the left side of his face. His skin was so pale; he almost seemed translucent. I had feeling that he was sick boy, but that thought was crossed out when he punched the other boy in the arm.