Chapter 2 : Put To Rest.

Chapter 2

as the night began to wonder the clouds never faded away from their eerie gray color.
There was thunder and lightning but still the rain never bothered to come.
As Asha lay in her bed she couldn’t help but wonder where she was but most importantly where was her baby boy.
She found a tube up her nose and a wire in her arm. “What’s that noise?” Referring to beep she heard she began to dart around with her eyes.
It all looked so strange to her for the walls and the ground weren’t made of dirt.
And she wasn’t in a tower or a castle of any kind yet she could feel herself as if she where levitating in a way.
Soon a man in white lab coat came in with a strange necklace
“How are we doing today?”
The girl kept silent as the strange man as he held a brown piece of wood.
“Look…you’re completely safe here no one is going to harm you. I just need to know your name okay?”
She stared keeping a close on him,”Where’s my baby?” “He’s alright he’s doing fine. We have him with our nurses. He’s okay and so is your other friend.”
Other friend? Oh God Vyna! She thought. She was probably tearing down the walls and screaming her lungs out for answers.
“Now I need to ask you a few questions Al right?” Vyna nodded feeling the wire in her arms, “Okay.” With that the doctor had smiled and began to pull out a pen.
“Good. Now…do you remember the reason of why you where out in the woods?”
She gently licked her dry lips as she croaked, “We were being chased….by a phantom. They nearly killed everyone.”
The doctor looked at her with a strange expression, “Phantoms….you mean ghost?”
“No…demons. Sent to suck the souls of men and devour them. I remember grabbing Joseph and Vyna pulling me out the hut.”
He stopped writing again,”Joseph? Is that the name of your baby boy?”
“Yes. I gave birth to him in my home during the winter...I’m surprised he survived.”
The doctor kept on scribbling, “And these phantoms what do they look like?”
She went into a cold silence as her skin turned into a pasty white.
“They’re nothing but evil in the shell of man. With hands of steel and a shriek that’ll make the strongest warrior cower in fear. When they appear they come in fours. Like the riders of the end.
Their are blades in this world that are black by nature but there’s was just filled with pure evil.
They burn down the villages they raid with blue fire while the screams of the dying fill the air. I thought we were going to die but-
A loud rapid pace beep filled the air.
“Calm down ma’am….it’s okay there are no ‘phantoms’ here. Now what is your name?”
“Asha…Asha Nightquil.” The doctor had nodded and had begun to jot down more notes. “So Ms. Nightquil I will be back soon I just need to check on your friend.”
Her eyes went wide,”My baby when can I see him?”
“You can see him soon. Just let me check on your friend.” As soon as he said that a loud shrill like scream came from one the room and loud thud had sounded. As the doctor stared out into the hall he saw a nurse slumping against the wall with a bloody mouth spitting crimson onto the ground.
“Where in the fuck am I?!” He heard a female scream. “What the fuck is all this!?”
He ran in to see her trying pulling one of them out of her nose.
And she began panicked at the site of a tube embedded her in arm now pale arm.
“Ma’am calm down!” “GET IT OUT” She screamed at them. “It’s inside me get it out!” She tried to yank the tube out of her arm only to feel a jolt of pain.
The doctor had tried to hold her down as the nurses came in to assist.
“Help me!” He shouted to them. They all had taken hold of the frayed hair brunette’s leg as she scratched and kicked at them. “Get away from me! You bastards keep away!”
She eyed the doctor who had grabbed a strange device that seemed to have a liquid in it and at the other end a sewing needle. She had begun to kick and scream more. “What are you doing?!” “Just something to calm you down ma’am. It’s alright!” The doctor had stuck the needle in the bag and pressing on the butt of the strange device the liquid had disappeared into the clear fluid.
Suddenly Vyna began to feel her vision blur and as she started to kick around, “What’s going on!? WHAT--
Her body began to slowly calm its self by its own will as she began to feel her eye lids become weights. She spoke wearily to them,”What have you done to me?” “Just some anesthetic, don’t worry,” He said to her calmly.
As she began to fall asleep her voice became groggier, “I’ll kill you….you son of a bitch.” And like that her eyes had closed shut.
“Alright gentlemen….good work,” The doctor said washing his hands.
“She’ll be groggy when she wakes up do the anesthesia but don’t forget to question her. She’ll at least be conscious enough for that.”

Suddenly a man with curly hair and a transfusion stand had walked in. He was clutching his side while a man in a black suit waited outside in the hall.
“What happened here?”
“Deputy Sergeant Blackcoat you should be in bed,” The doctor had retorted.
Mathias had looked at the pale girl and had sighed,”What’s her name?”
“Sergeant go back to bed please?” “Not until I get an answer. I want to avoid as much paper work buy starting early.” He gave the doctor a glare and had sat down in the chair.
“Mathias why don’t you just listen to the man and head back to your room you can interview him there the man in the suit said.
“Pop all I want is answers as to what happened here, nothing more or nothing less.”

With a sigh the doctor had gave him a pen and a notepad. “We don’t know her name; we can only guess that she’s homeless.”
Mathias began to jot down notes in his pad, “Where did they find her?”
“A couple found them both in the wood next to the old castle.”
“Them? ”, He said with a raised brow.
“Yes there was another woman with a nine month old baby. They’re both being taken care of. And unlike this girl the other one is being cooperative.”
Mathias had nodded his and smiled. “Where’s the other girl now?”
“Just three doors from down,” The doctor replied. “But you’re not going to be taking anymore interviews until I say that you’re able. Now please head back to your room.”
With a nod Mathias had grunted standing up and gave out a large groan in pain.
He shook his head and wiped the sweat from his brow as he looked at the doctor.
“What happened to me?”
His father had sighed,”Like I told you before but how could a creature even come in your home. The test will come back tomorrow to see what officially attacked you. Only then can we determine what to do. Now let’s get you back to your room.”