29

"So, how are your good car washing skills going?" I asked CJ as I walked towards him as he cleaned inside my car. He really did not have to do all that, but he insisted. He got out of the car and looked at me giving me a smile.

"Good, take a look for yourself," he said. I peeked my head inside my car and I was surprised to see that there was no longer trash on the floor and the seats were now looking shiny. The car almost looked unrecognizable. "Now, I just need to wash the outside," I nodded my head. "Do you have water and a hose?" He questioned.

I pointed towards the water piped that opened to the outside of the house. "But I do not have a hose," I told him. It's not like my mom and I used hoses to do anything plus when you travel so much, you do not want a hose to be around you. 

"I got one," he said, I watched as he walked across the street to his house. I sighed and waited for him to come back. Not long after, he came holding a hose. He connected it to the water and made sure everything was okay. He took a towel and some soap to wash down the exterior of the car. The exterior was not so bad, it was the inside that needed some deliverance. He then started cleaning the car, I just stood and watched what he was doing. 

I grabbed my phone out of my shorts pocket and started scrolling through my Instagram to see what was going on in some people's lives. I started looking through some meme, they always did make my day. I quickly looked up when I felt water run down my legs. I looked up at CJ to see him laughing as he pointed the hose at me. Oh no he didn't, I put my phone down on the concrete and grabbed the hose from him getting him with the water. "You're getting my hair wet," he told me blocking his face. I did not know why he cared about getting his hair wet anyway, I should care about that.

I continued to point the hose at him and he was yelling for me to stop, but I was not going to stop anytime now. "You started it," I told him. He walked to me and took the hose, "wait don't," I told him. "I have my contacts on!" I yelled. I could not afford to lose them since I still did not order some more. He set the hose down and turned the water off. I was wet now, at least my hair was not wet since I still had my wig on. 

"You should wear glasses," he told me. 

"They bother my face," I told him. Having something there just does not seem right.

"I think you'd look cute with them," I chuckled. 

"I'm not cute now?" I asked him. 

"You are, I mean you'd look nerdy cute," I shook my head and started laughing. I actually look horrible with glasses. 

"Like you?" I asked him. He was nerdy cute, he thought for a second not saying anything. 

"Oh thank you for the compliment, but even better," he added. 

'''''''

"Good morning," I said to Justin taking a seat. I gave him a smile as he looked at me like I was crazy. He was obviously tired, he had bags under his eyes. I guess he had an amazing Thanksgiving weekend. I took out my notebook to start my work since class already started. 

We were already learning something when we just got back from a break. "So, what did you do over the break?" Justin asked as he looked up from his notes. 

"Went on a date," I told him but he already knew about since I told him that CJ and I were going on a date last week. "Finally finished my college application and CJ washed my car," I said, it sounded like a successful weekend. I think I got all the things I wanted to get done done. 

"Aww," Justin said, "now you got a man to open car doors for you and wash it," he said. I rolled my eyes at him, he was not my man, he just did me a favor. "Now, did going out with him kill you?" He asked me referring to the conversation we had. I shook my head no, I actually did have fun with him and yesterday we had a blast. I knew the consequences of my actions would come, in a few months I would have to decide if I want to move or not and that would also affect our relationship and that's only if it only last that long. "Exactly," he said. I rolled my eyes again. 

I turned and looked towards CJ's seat, he was here which was surprising. I think he even got here before me, his eyes were fixed on the board actually doing his work. I did not know if he felt me staring at me, but he turned looking at me. He gave me a smile, I haven't seen him since last night. We then started staring at each other, he bit his button lip playing with his pen. "CJ," I heard his name being called by Ms. Brun. He was startled by it, he quickly turned looked at front. "What did I just say?" She asked him, he raised his eyebrows. "What did I just say?" She asked again.

CJ was not paying attention, why didn't she asked me. I actually remembered what she was talking about. "Something about Calculus?" CJ asked her, she shook her head no. She actually said something about the AP exam. "Then I am sorry, I do not. Why don't you tell me what you just said," CJ said. Wow, he was getting smart with her. 

"Pay attention in my class," she told CJ going back to her lesson. I chuckled and shook my head; Ms. Brun could be the coolest person, but sometimes she really does try some people. The bell then rang, everyone grabbed their stuff and exited the classroom really fast. 

"Hey," CJ told me as I exited the classroom. 

"Hi," I told him back, "you might want to start paying attention in class."

"It's your fault," he told me. 

"My fault, what did I do?" I asked innocently. 

"You started staring at me."

"Doesn't mean you have to stare at me," I snapped back. 

"Well it kind of does plus maybe I like staring at you," he said. We then started staring at each other again, I couldn't help but blush at what he said. "I'll see you in Physics?" He asked, I nodded my head. I watched as he walked down the wall to his next class.

I felt a pat on my back, I turned around to see Justin. "You are a goner," he told me with a smile that I did not like.