Rob May - Author of the Dragon Killer series

My site is work-in-progress at the moment - so far there is only one page! I actually built the whole thing from scratch after spending a weekend learning HTML5. I got frustrated with all the limited options in blogging sites like blogger and Wordpress, so I thought I'd try something unique.

I'm not an expert coder though, because once I figured out how to lay out a page into sections of various sizes, I stopped learning code. My plan now is to use widgets from all my social networking sites. You can see my Twitter feed on my front page, which I'm using to display my latest news and headlines. I've got an Amazon widget with all my book next to that, but if you have adblock, you might be seeing an empty space, so I'll have to change that to a hand-coded version soon, once I pluck up the courage to learn some more html.

Over the next few weeks I'm going to add a tumblr blog, a goodreads widget with a list of all my reviews of other indie books, and some pages with more info about my individual books. Wattpad allows you to embed your stories in other sites, so I might use their widgets on each of my book pages ;)

My website is http://robertwilliammay.com/ and you can get there easily by clicking on the 'External Link' icon on the right. Please have a look and use the comment box below to share suggestions about how I can improve things.