Chapter Four - I Hate Him

Standing at the entrance of the building I was left in awe as my eyes scanned the sight of the glass building. Each piece fitting together like a jigsaw puzzle whilst it glistened as it met the sun set - creating a perfect picturesque view.

Whilst I was unable to see inside the building I could see every inch of it was beautifully crafted. With healthy plant pots situated around the perimeter and the mud coloured floor, I couldn't wait to step inside.

I felt astounded at how beautiful the restaurant looked from inside. My footsteps on the white marble flooring caused their never to be any tranquil silence. The clear glass looked brighter than it did from the outside with a luxurious wine bar greeting me at the door. Turning to my right I hear noise of people chatting away over dinner.

The aromatic, pungent smell of exotic foods fused under one roof. The feel of warm foods that could only excite my taste buds. My stomach gave a thunder like rumble at the intake of such beauty that hit my nose. Never had I visited a place like this - it was utterly ravishing for me!

Drawing my attention away from the sight I decided to look for Rico, not that he was hard to find. Turned out he was, I couldn't find him anywhere.

"I knew I should have bought my glasses with me." I idiotically thought to myself.

As I squinted my eyes to the point of shutting, I gave up on finding him.

"Hello madam and welcome to The Morito would you like a table?" a kind voice with an accent asked me. Turning my eyes toward the noise a young woman in her twenties, dressed in black attire stood smiling at me. Her eyes were droopy as though sleep hadn't passed them. With her hair tightly pinned back, leaving no hair strand loose.

"Erm... yeah thanks. Could I have a table for 2 please?" I politely asked.

As she led me to my table I noticed how each rose centre piece had been carefully placed at the table, with the white chairs and clear glass table matching the roof of the building.

She handed me the white laminated sheeted menu and smiled again as though it had never been wiped off.

"A date I see. Who's the lucky man?" She cheekily asked as she stood by the side of my chair.

We started talking for a few minutes and as the minutes ticked by I could tell she was of poor descent yet, the plastered smile never left. Weather she was doing her job or not, she made me feel welcome.

Moments later, another customer arrived and she went on with the task she gets paid for.

My hands began shaking and my mouth became dry as I sat on the secluded table wondering if I should text Rico or not. I looked around to my left to see nothing but glass and to my right people eating and talking without a care in the world.

Rummaging through my compact black purse trying to find my phone a dark figure stood before me.

"Missing me?" He asked. There stood Rico. Wearing what no one else in the restaurant wore. A black vest top with shorts - as casual as it could get.

I got up to greet him as I laughed at his narcissistic joke and threw one back at him. Fiddling with my seat trying to adjust it to the right angle Rico remarked

"You look stunning. Blue suits you."

I gawked my eyes at him thinking this was another one of his stupid sarcastic jokes, getting ready to scrutinise him until, I realised he was being serious. My silk like brunette hair lay over my face as I tucked them behind my ear I thanked him. Offering a half sided smile I could feel my cheeks blush to a pink colour.