Chapter 1. I'm Leaving.

I'm leaving.

Cold air smacks me in the face as I attempt to make my way around the large city, Salem keeping up with my pase by my feet. Tall old building and young humans in colorful garb surround us. Most of them are taller than me, barely noticing the top of my head if it weren't for the large platform boots raising me up two inches. It's sunny, but I still carry my black lacy parasol with me to my destination.

I stand in front of the grandest building I've ever seen, nervous to step inside. It's Greek styled, with marble pillars holding the roof up. Once inside, we walk to the front desk and wait for the receptionist to notice me. Salem sits at my feet patiently.

"How may I help you, Miss?"

"I have an appointment with sir Julius Harte. My name is Serenity Newbury."

"Alright, I'll call him now, just wait over there," she pointed to the chairs lining the wall.

Salem sat on my lap purring before a tall man with greying blond hair and aged green eyes stepped out of a closed off hallway and called out my name.

"Hello, sir."

"Ah, you must be Serenity, I'm Julius Harte, follow me," his voice was calm and strict.

We walked back along a nicely lighted white hall to a nicely lighted white room on the left. I did not seem to suit with the clean white, since I wore a lacy black tanktop with a black ruffled shirt that went down to my knees.

"It has come to my attention that you are not of pure blood. You aren't pure at all. Tell me, how have you hidden being a witch all these years?" he interrogated me.

"I'm a what?"

"Witch. Don't play dumb, Newbury. How did you hide it?"

"Sir, I had no idea that I'm a witch. I'm sorry." I felt myself start to panic. I whipped away beads of sweat from my forehead with a black handkerchief.

"I'm afraid we can no longer allow you to stay in this city. Only humans of pure blood can live here, and you are clearly not a human at all. You have three days to leave, before I send the police to remove you. Alright?"

I dropped my head. Salem looked up at me sadly. "Yes, sir. I'll be gone by Sunday."

"Now that's a good girl. Good-bye, Serenity Newbury."

"Good-bye, Julius Harte."

And so, I left and never looked back to the strict world I once knew. It's true, I never knew about being a witch since I never knew my mother and father. I was abandoned outside the city and an elderly woman took me in. Her old belongings were packed up and sold while my stuff was put in the back of my blue truck and I left them there, too tired to drag them inside.

On the second day I had found a comfy old cabin in the woods far from the city. It had a fenced in garden, working electricity and pluming and was spotless, as if waiting for me. My truck now sits out front while Salem and I lay on the couch that was already here.

"We'll have to find out more about this witch stuff, right Salem?" he mewed in response.

"Let's get some sleep, now. We can deal with everything tomorrow."

____________________________________

"Dane, where in hell do you think you are going?" father clapped my back with a kind smile.

"I need to run, dad. I can't explain it, but I need to go and get out of this place for a bit."

"Don't let your mother hear that, she'll crown you. Go for a run, but be back soon so you can meet with the single females in the pack. Maybe find a mate."

"Alright. Fine. I'll be back soon, dad."

"Alright."

And with that, I shifted to my wolf and ran. I didn't feel like grabbing an extra pair of clothes, who would? My wolf is just going to tear them up anyway.

Cold wind brushes my grey fur. My yellow eyes dart back and forth, watching for movement. My ears fold back and I run faster, passing trees and large rocks that are taller than me. Splashing through creeks and jumping over logs, I find myself at the abandoned fae cabin. As of by magic, the light in the front room was turned on. Through my wolves eyes, a darl grey truck was parked in the drive way. A black cat sat outside the door, licking it's paws. I stopped and sat to watch the house.

A young woman stepped outside, saod something to the cat, and grabbed on of the many boxes from the back of the truck.

The back of my mind screamed at me to go to her, and my wolf did just that. I fought to gain enough control to shift back to a human form and realise I'm naked. An old battered pair of brown trousers were hung on the clothes line on the side of the house, along with a fae's green top that would probably fit me.

I put them on, ignoring the dust, and walked up to the woman who had her back to me.

"Excuse me, miss, do you need some help?"

She jumped and turned to face me. Her black curls dangled in front of her pale face. A light dusting of pink flushed her cheeks and her lips were covered in a red lip gloss. She smiled up at me. Holy shit, this girl is tiny. Standing at about five foot two inches, she is at least a foot and a half shorter than me, I'm six feet six and a half inches.

"Sure. Could you carry that box?"

"You're letting a stranger help you?" I asked, ignoring the black cat's evil glare.

"You seem like a really nice person. I almost feel safer now that you are here."

"Odd." I mumble, lifting the box.

When we are done moving the boxes, it's night time.

"Sorry about intruding earlier, miss. I fear it is time for me to leave," I say, standing up from her grey couch.

"Alright. I hope I see you again sometime. Thanks for the help!"

I left and took off the fae's clothes before shifting. Even though we spent the entire afternoon together, I never asked for her name, and she didn't ask either.

What an odd pair we must be.