Can i ask you a question?

"Hurry we'll miss the bus!" David grabs my hand and pulls me behind him. He seems to do that a lot lately. He kind of sits closer to me on the bus and touches me a lot. I just hope he doesn't have a crush on me. Ha. That idea makes me laugh especially with how devoted he is to Anna. We make it on the bus and sit down.
"Cameron invited me to the party on Saturday. You going?"
"Of course I'm going Cameron's my best mate"
"Are you taking anyone?"
"Nah you?"
"Nah, to be honest, I wasn't even planning on going"
"What why?"
"I'm not sure, maybe"
"Why?"
"You know I'll just embarrass myself"
"Can I ask you a question?"
"Ok? Shoot"
"It might be a bit out there but I was thinking we could maybe fake a relationship?"
I laugh thinking that he's joking
"You're being serious!?"
"Yes, maybe we could make Anna and Cameron jealous?"
"What the hell David!?"
"I told you it's out there"
"David!"
"What's the harm in trying it's not like we're actually going out"
"I don't know David, maybe"
"I think we should"
"Fine whatever"
"Good"
Suddenly His lips brush mine. Not innocently, like a tease but hot, fiery, passionate and demanding. I want to pull away before I lose myself but I can't seem to...In this minty moment, my senses have been seduced and I can no longer think straight. "Candice" he whispers slowly, prolonging each letter as if to savor them. I smile, my heart fluttering at his voice as I clasp my hands on either side of his face. Never before has my name ever felt so wonderful. I pull away fast. Shocked by everything I just felt. I think he recognised the look of alarm on my face.
"We have to look like a couple, candy, don't forget"
"Oh right"
He must have felt it too I refuse to believe that he didn't.

(Pic is David)